Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has the part number for the gm upgraded flywheel. I really need so if you do please pm thanks. and possibly the numbers for the bearing packs, throw/out bearing and stuff i need to replace to install my new clutch. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Unless you're still under warranty and can't cough up the $$$, go with an aftermarket SMF and clutch. There are a couple to choose from, depending on what you want to do. Plenty of reading here, also! Good Luck!

Ty

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already found the clutch i want and its a double friction one for only like 600 hudred bucks. I dont have enough money to buy these full kits cuz they are like 1600 and for mine everything will end up being around a 1000. here the clutch im gonna get
http://www.drivetrain.com/heavydutyclutch.html

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
clutch?

I already found the clutch i want and its a double friction one for only like 600 hudred bucks. I dont have enough money to buy these full kits cuz they are like 1600 and for mine everything will end up being around a 1000. here the clutch im gonna get
http://www.drivetrain.com/heavydutyclutch.html

If you can't afford an aftermarket flywheel/clutch kit you should save some $ and just get a dealer to relplace the stock. Spending money on a clutch and using a GM flywheel is a waste. And you will just have to replace the clutch again because the flywheel will slip it also.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
JM -
Deadeye is right about this. The flywheel is the main issue behind clutch failure. (GM learned this once with the 6.5, and yet they went back to this stupid dual-mass garbage again :rolleyes: )
Not to be a prick, but a few members have tried going the route you're about to, and their luck was not good.. :(

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'll second Partsguy. I've never had a problem with my clutch. Never slipped it and unless towing I always run my Quad on 110. I just had my flywheel done and the clutch was not replaced. Clutch hasn't skipped a beat. Unless you are over 100K miles pay the $100 deductable and let someone else do the work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats all good and dandy but if i do the warranty method and have then replace the flywheel i have to front the money for the clutch. They said ythey wont cover the clutch just the flywheel so im going to end up paying another 500 for a clutch.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If you can't afford an aftermarket flywheel/clutch kit you should save some $ and just get a dealer to relplace the stock. Spending money on a clutch and using a GM flywheel is a waste. And you will just have to replace the clutch again because the flywheel will slip it also.
:exactly:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If your clutch is not slipping let them put a new flywheel in it. The dm flywheel is junk. I had a buddy that put some aftermarket clutch in and had his flywheel turned. Now clutch and flywheel are both junk a couple of monthes later. Leave it alone until you can afford a solid flywheel and clutch kit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If your clutch is not slipping let them put a new flywheel in it. The dm flywheel is junk. I had a buddy that put some aftermarket clutch in and had his flywheel turned. Now clutch and flywheel are both junk a couple of monthes later. Leave it alone until you can afford a solid flywheel and clutch kit.
:exactly: The DMF will bring you nothing but problems no matter who makes the clutch. The clutches don't go its the flywheel. My stock clutch looked great when I pulled it out. The DMF just won't take the power of the engine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
PLEASE do yourself the favor and do not go this route. I have yet to pull a factory clutch that was worn beyond re-use. The worst to date that I have seen was one of mine and I was pulling 20K plus loads daily for over 40k and it was worn but still useable. As the other have stated it is not the clutch but the P.O.S. GM flywheel and the very weak pressure plate causing your problems! Trust me save your money and buy the entire kit so you will not have regrets later down the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts