Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to post this really, so I'm gonna try here. I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong section.

My question is why is it that GM's and Dodge's seem to make more HP more easily and cheaper than a Ford PSD? Please leave all the unnecessary comments out as this is a serious question. Everywhere I look it seems that GM's and Dodge's can make a whole lot more HP/Tq than a Ford, but never knew why really.

I seen Gene has a Stroked Lightning that is quick, but his truck is extremely light. I think I seen some regular Chevy trucks run his numbers w/ more weight.

Also read something like Ford's don't have an aftermarket turbo or something along those lines.

Appreciate any responses!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I believe there is more of a demand for GM and Dodge then the fords. It takes alot of R&D to design a turbo or any component, they have to justify it. That and the new 6.0 doesnt react well to more power, dont get me wrong there are some out there that do, but there are more that blow up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The easy answer is that the ford is at a natural disadvantage because of the displacement deficiency. However, if this were the only reason then the 7.3L powerstroke would be gobbling up nearly everything on the road. And so, my best guesses are that they actually are able to put down some of the same numbers and a)their trucks weigh more and just aren't as quick because of it and b) the hard parts just aren't as able to hold the same amount of power reliably. Other than that, you have to realize that they are still the new engine on the block and people are still trying to figure them out, which they might have been only half-heartedly attempting to do since there have been rumors of a 6.0 replacement nearly since the engine has been released. Some of the others surely have better insight, but I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts