Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order the 06 mirrors for my 05. I see they need a vin# and understand it needs to be from a vehicle of the model year for that part. Since the new mirrors where not an option for the 05's did you guys go to the local dealer and copy a vin to insert when ordering, or did you use your current vin?
Thanks,
Rick.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If I want to add something to my truck that it did not originally have, the parts guy will sometimes ask for a VIN. Basically, it makes it much easier for them, and to make sure you get the right part. I think you will need to find a 2006 truck with the mirrors that you want, and then give that VIN to them. Once they put the VIN in, it will list all the RPOs and part numbers of the equipment on the truck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You don't need a vin #, just the correct part #, is all most folks needed.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's the numbers you need to get the 06 mirrors... they are plug and play for 03-06 years as I'm told.;)

06 towing mirror Gm parts Direct

I just got mine and can't wait to get them installed.:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I looked on their website and they must have changed part#s.Do they really charge $35 each to ship????

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I looked on their website and they must have changed part#s.Do they really charge $35 each to ship????
Did those #'s not work? I just used them and they came up....$159.76 each. I didn't check the shipping though, hopefully they would combine the shipping and do a little better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The $160 is pretty much dealer cost. They make all their money on the shipping fees.

Jim

·
Registered
266 Posts
Combine shipping, what are you crazy, they'd lose money that way. I was looking to order a set for me and a friend and shipping didn't go down a penny.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Still a great deal from Flow Chevrolet (the dealer in NC). The same mirrors are selling for over $500 a pair + shipping on ebay from Joe nobody!!!!

GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet, LLC, an authorized independent reseller of General Motors Parts.

From my order:
Part: 15860540*
Description: MIRROR
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $143.08
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $143.08
--------------------------------------------------------
Part: 15860541*
Description: MIRROR
Min.Qty: 1
Unit Price: $143.08
Quantity: 1
Ext.Price: $143.08
====================================
SUB TOTAL: $286.16
SHIPPING: $68.68
TAX: $0.00
TOTAL WITH TAXES: $ 354.84 * indicates special order item, which is a special
order non-returnable part.

Ordered on 1/27/06 and received them on 2/13/06.
The last 2 orders came by DHL.

Great mirrors! Just got them installed on my 01!!!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Have used them several times. Great prices. Slow shipping though. Always got what I ordered in good shape.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered mine on 2/20. The part numbers listed above are correct as is the shipping. I am now trying to patiently wait till they arrive, it looks like I still might have another week. :(

·
Registered
461 Posts
Those are the part #'s for turn signals,heated, and upper glass is directional.Just want to double check.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes.
I think that is the only way these 06 mirrors come.
I did not realize how much I missed having a full view mirror on the right side. Nice wide convex mirrors to fill in the blind spots. The bottom mirrors are not heated and manually adjusted.

·
Registered
700 Posts
cmadmaxman,
Are the mirrors plug and play on the 01 and 02? I want to put a set on my truck which has the power glass, and heated but no turn signal. Will at least the other two options work even if the turn signal doesn't?
Anyone have any idea on how I can integrate the turn signal option on an 02?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haulinbass you have a PM.
No not plug and play. And yes you can make the LED's work. I'm working up a step by step process for 99 to 02 trucks for the 06 mirrors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts