Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't need a poll. You can get a full set of Bosch injectors for the new Cummins for $1000 or less.

Sure there are only six but figure it out.

Is GM making money on these failures and laughing?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There has to be a difference ..... Some one should be able to get Bosch part numbers ......

If not GM gets a big thumbs down .....

Mac

·
Registered
994 Posts
GM part prices seem to be 2 - 3 times the going rate. Just think fuel filters for $45 and Allison tranny filters for $26. So take those injector prices and divide by 2.5.

Up to this point, there are very few engines that are out of warranty. So the actual injector price has not been an issue with most people. GM picks up the tab. As more approach the 5yr / 100k limit, the injector pricing will become a bigger issue. Like Mackin says, need to find another source besides GM for the injectors. People should be taking note of the pains that Captainmal went through. Paying $4-5K to get injectors replaced is ridiculous.Edited by: OC_DMAX

·
Registered
939 Posts
I agree. I sure hope my 2m cat filter keeps my injectors working properly for many years/miles to come. Having to spend more for injector replacement than I actually paid to upgrade to the diesel engine when I bought the truck is crazy. I have 4 more years of factory warranty left on the engine, so I am not too worried yet.

C'MON GM!!!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts