Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have an old certificate will it work with the current program or do I need a new certificate. I had one that ended jan 2 2004 but becuase gm moved my tpw from 12/08/03 to 1/12/04 i couldnt use it. can I use it on the new program that runs until 3/31/04? If not can someone get me a new cert as my truck is being built this week and I should have it end of jan beg of feb.

Thanks for all and any help

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I checked GM's site for these and it does show the certs being acceptable until the end of the latest promotion on 03-31-04, but it doesn't really say anything about whether or not the older dated certs are good.

Check here:

http://www.gminthedriveway.com/index.jsp

If anyone's got them, I wouldn't mind knowing about it as well. Howard has had a family emergency and is not available.

edit info:

I just checked the site, you must have a certificate with the new 03-31-04 expiration date......Looks like the old ones which expired on 01-02-04 are no good.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you must have the current cert can anyone get me one? Please I will be getting my truck at the end of jan beg of feb

Best wishes to your family HowardEdited by: closs2sx

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
This might be tough. The web site indicates the certs won't be mailed out until the end of January, and instructs folks to contact GM if they haven't received them by the first part of February.

Will you dealer accept them? You have to remember this is a voluntary program for the dealers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
When are they getting mailed out?

I should get some and so should wife, she worked there too!

I won't need them. Hopefully I'll get them before your truck arrives. If I do I'll be glad to send you one.

When they get here I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
John R,

The web site doesn't say exactly. I'll copy what the FAQ on the web site says here:

1. <LI class=noindent>7. How will the certificates be delivered to GM employees? </LI>

1. <LI class=noindent>The certificates will be mailed to employees in late January. If you do not receive this piece by February, and you would like to have the certificates, please visit the Contact Us section of this site. </LI>
I haven't asked my dealer if he'll accept one yet since I thought they would not be valid. I'll ask him, no sense sending me one if the dealer won't take it. I appreciate the offer tho, I'll let you know if I find out anything else.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I'll call and see if I can get some cards sent to me.

I sent out over 25 in the last promo.

I ??? my salesmanager when I picked up the 04 (before X mas) and asked about the cards and he said he gave them that price or close if they asked about it.

Some dealers want to deal and mine does so ?? them about the price before it comes in.

I just called and they are sending 4 out/ employee and we can request up to 10 more so I got 10 more coming in about 6 days.

Pm name and address and I'll send them out.Edited by: Dmax Tim

·
Registered
93 Posts
What sort of pricing will the Certificates give in relation to Dealer Invoice price? My local fleet manager is willing to sell to me at $100 over invoice (minus incentives). How much better / worse would the Certificate price be for a factory ordered truck? I had heard that the new prices would not be as good as in prior offerings. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well it's not as good as it used to be before the hold back went to 5%, but it is supposed to prevent you from having to pay DOC fees and only 1% on the advertising holdback instead of the usual 1.5% that's added to the invoice price.

Do a search for posts by "HarryK", he did quite a bit of research on this particular subject and depending on how good a deal you cut with your dealer, the certs may or may not, save you some money.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Rollin ask to see the invoice on a new truck similar to what u want if u are ordering.

On the invoice the GM supplier price is listed and u can compare it too the invoice cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts