Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in a Duramax but totally new to diesels. My question is for the diesel folks, does the GM discount really a discount when it comes to the diesels? I have noticed total sticker pricing of around 45k and the discount is about 36k. Seems this is not much off the sticker for such a discount. Also does anyone know if this includes all incentives such as rebates and so forth. Just trying to check on the best pricing and negotiating approach. I am excited about owning a diesel but do not want to get ripped off. One last question, is there a difference in the ride of the ext vs cc? I tend to like the ext better for looks.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
its a great price... $10k off of a diesel?? hek yeah!!

I used my employer discount before GM started this and the discount was about 7k not including incentives... there was a 3000 cash back, then the 1000 loyalty.. that came out very well!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats almost 25% off?? How much do you think the employee price would be. Normally your looking at about 18% plus rebates, which I would guess is what you were quoted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I looked into this about a week ago. IN WI unfortanately the stae has a loophole to screw over GM employees and now us the general public by taxing the discount. basically in WI you don't get the full discount like GM websites claim. Its still a damn good deal though. I have an 05 Dmax ex cab but now I want a crew cab:(

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Bronco123, if that is a 4X4 and you can get it for that price I would jump on it. I paid $41,000 for mine and it stickered at $48,000.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just picked up an 05 dually crew Dmax/Allison for about 10 grand off the $42,168 sticker price. GMS employee price PLUS $3000 rebate. I don't see them getting any cheaper than that. MI does tax (6%) the rebate as part of the purchase price but not the employee discount.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine was an 05 Silverado LS with a lot of options - D/A, heavy duty towing package, power diver's seat, snow plow prep, 4x4, extended cab, skid plates.

MSRP: $42,000
Employee discount price: $35,167
Rebate: $3,000

Total out the door price including $2XXX trade allowance: $31,000

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the 2500hd crew cab duramax 2WD LS with leather for 31,600. My first chevy. So far i like it better than my old superduty, excepth the lifts are more involved with the IFS.

:grd:

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Personally I don't see where it is any better of a deal than any other promotional thing, but as long as everyone is happy then thats all that matters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bronco, I just picked up my 05 ext 2500hd dmax/ally and love the truck. Sticker was 43,200, however with emp discount & rebate the truck came to 33,400. On top of that, I also applied $3500 from my GM master card.(When the dealer called to apply my $2500 in GM MC points, I was awarded another 1K off)!
However NJ charges tax on all rebates (and Master card points are treated as such), so I paid tax on 36+. Total for truck though was 29,900 (before tax) for 43k truck. Can't beat these deals.

(Plus I am argueing with GM now over additional GM card points that the stealer lied to me about, so hopefully I should get another $500 back, we shall see.) ;)

Anyway, I feel GM is offering some good (no haggle) pricing. maybe you can do better, but I think now is a good time to buy. JMHO

Good luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Let's see, no better of a promotional deal then any other,,,,well, maybe, but with the stainless steel chrome plated step rails they added to finalize my deal, that made sticker 49,413...employee discount was 38,411...I looked around and didn't see any Ford's or Dodges that had knocked 11,000 off their sticker and saw no Fords or Dodges that had all these options as my sig. truck that was as low as 38,411...also got high book plus on my 2003 K2500HD ex cab/LB/D/A..2,000 more toward sig. truck, making it 36,400...I've been around for a little bit, and in anybody's book...THAT's a good deal....Guess it just depends on how you look at it.
Still hard for me to wipe this goofy grin off my face.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have had access to the employee discount for about 20 years now. Besides a great price, the best part is that the price is defined before you walk into the dealership (price appears on dealer invoice as GMS). As mentioned above, no "haggling" with the dealer. The only place they can get you is if you decide to trade a vehicle in. I have usually just sold the used vehicle private party.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like a smooth 10 K off with employee discount and 3,000 rebate. I to have about 3500 in GM earnings to redeem which will certainly help. Still struggling with ext or cc though. Leaning towards the ext. Can any of you tell me if there is a noticable difference in the ride of ext vs cc? Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Bronco123 said:
Thanks for all the info guys. Looks like a smooth 10 K off with employee discount and 3,000 rebate. I to have about 3500 in GM earnings to redeem which will certainly help. Still struggling with ext or cc though. Leaning towards the ext. Can any of you tell me if there is a noticable difference in the ride of ext vs cc? Thanks again.
Never noticed much difference in ride between a Ext cab 8 foot box and a crew cab 8 foot box. I have had 1 EXT cab and am on my 3rd crew cab. I'll only own a crew cab. Love having 4 real doors, a full size back seat and the extra room.

·
Registered
91 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me.When I was looking last year the salesman told me 42000 on a truck that stickerd 47000.So I bought a dodge cummins.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would go with a crew, you wont regret it, its just a little extra room, always good, the ride isnt going to be any different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Call it what you will...."GM Employee Pricing Discount" or "Piss off the wife by buying a new truck when she drives a POS MiniVan Pricing"...a good price is a good price.

msrp: $49845
gms: $41367
3k cash back: $38367
Thats $11478 off MSRP!!

I'm very happy to say the least.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just a quick comment. A big difference between the extended cab and CC is that you can NOT put a plow on a CC. GM will not warrantee the vehicle against ANYTHING they can remotely tie into the use of a plow on a CC Dmax. Just thought I'd add my 2 bits worth! :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts