Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
I still think GM should combine Buick and Pontiac, and consolidate their trucks to just Chevy. So they'd have Chevy, Buick/Pontiac, and Caddy.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Why not just have GM's? I don't see Toyota having abunch of differant labels. It has to waste a bunch of money dinking around with differant labels. Or just cut them loose to survive or die a natural death. Most of them were going down the tubes when they got bought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, when they were a big company, you do need to epand. Ford is the same way. Now that expansion is bitting them in the ass.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Why not just have GM's? I don't see Toyota having abunch of differant labels. It has to waste a bunch of money dinking around with differant labels. Or just cut them loose to survive or die a natural death. Most of them were going down the tubes when they got bought.

toyota actualy does have different divisions just not of all cars, they have Hino trucks, scion are the two that come to mind, every major car manufacutrer has gobbled up the small ones and now they are all pretty much screwed.

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
I still think GM should combine Buick and Pontiac, and consolidate their trucks to just Chevy. So they'd have Chevy, Buick/Pontiac, and Caddy.
I say make Chevy all cars, and make GMC the truck division. They're the better looking line anyway:D

Exactly...if Chevy is to become the only GM truck, then they better start to think the styling and looks of the truck a lot harder. GMC is the better looking truck.;)

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Toyota has Lexus as well as those lsited above

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
X3 on making them all GMC trucks and get rid of that big smiley face looking front end:D:D

·
Registered
849 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Wonder if my Caddy CTS-V just became more valuable? Never been in this positiion before. What do you guys think?
Dude you have a 09 CTS-V. Link to pics????????? :eek:
I wanted to order one but 09 wasn't a good time to get one due to contract comming up. Now economy in the shitter.

I wanted a CTS-V after driving my friends 08 CTS.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
that Caddy V will become a collector one day. Best hang on to it, Its a killer ride. My ole time favorite luxury car with lots of balls, especially the new manual 6 speeds. Freaking awesome car!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
GM.

Clueless in the 70's. Clueless in the 80's. Clueless in the 90's and still freaking clueless.
You forgot the 50's & 60's

Didn't GM have the first fuel injected engine?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've been preaching for years, the GM line should be: Cadillac for luxury cars and Chevrolet for trucks, sport cars and economy cars. Just imagine how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they'd save.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
GM.

Clueless in the 70's. Clueless in the 80's. Clueless in the 90's and still freaking clueless.
Only difference is that now their cluelessness is subsidized by you and I and every other hard working american taxpayer. Welcome to hope and change and the end of the capitalist system as we know it.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Wonder if my Caddy CTS-V just became more valuable? Never been in this positiion before. What do you guys think?
Did you see the last Top Gear? They drove a CTS-V (along with a new ZR1, and Challenger) from San Fran. to the Bonnieville salt flats, and went for high speeds in standing mile run. Either way, they were highly impressed with all 3 cars, especially the ZR1 and CTS-V

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.