Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I drive this truck, the more I love it. I can tell the difference like night and day between the LBZ and the LB7. I am glad gm made alot of changes to our trucks. The elevated idle, towing mirrors, quiteness, power, no turbo lag, 6 speed tranny, manual shifting option etc. My only complaint is the tires.

If you are thinking of getting one, get it.:ro)

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
:exactly:
The more I drive this truck, the more I love it. I can tell the difference like night and day between the LBZ and the LB7. I am glad gm made alot of changes to our trucks. The elevated idle, towing mirrors, quiteness, power, no turbo lag, 6 speed tranny, manual shifting option etc. My only complaint is the tires.

·
Registered
320 Posts
the tires were the first thing I changed on mine

·
Registered
550 Posts
ready to get rid of mine my 05 got better mpg's 06 only getting 14,5 empty and 8.3 pulling a light weight camper.BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing that I noticed, I think GM changed the fuel gauge. My 04 would take forever to get off of full then it would empty fast, and 5/8-3/4 of a tank was actually 1/2 of a tank. The LBZ gauge is more accurate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One thing that I noticed, I think GM changed the fuel gauge. My 04 would take forever to get off of full then it would empty fast, and 5/8-3/4 of a tank was actually 1/2 of a tank. The LBZ gauge is more accurate.
Yes, I do agree with you on that. My 03 at 1/4 of tank was almost empty - not with this truck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same here, almost empty at 1/4, however the dic is a lot closer than my 04.5 or my o3

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmmm, mine seems better than the old one:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 06' LBZ gas gauge also reads "E", while my DIC reads around 19-20 gallons used. Am I supposed to believe the gauge will sit on "E" for another 5-6 gallons of gas?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

Glad you like your new truck, even though mine is an 05 I like mine a lot. I'm still waiting for the 07's to come out before I decide to go with it ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Concur, love my new GMC LBZ truck! The tires are supposed to be off-road but provide terrible traction. Plan to use them in the summer and put 285s on for next winter.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Being the cheapskate I am, I used up the original Firestone Steeltex A/T tires myself and last week put on 265 Cooper Discoverer ATR tires. 265 tires are so much nicer.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hoping to pick up an 06 near the end of the year. For the "dealer cost" thing. Hope their a good truck.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I love my new LBZ more and more each time I get to drive it. Checked my fuel mileage again today and it was 19 MPG. That was with about 300 lbs. of tools and stuff in the bed, driving on two lane mountainous roads. It only has 1850 miles on it if it gets better fuel mileage when it gets broke in I will be even happier.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been lurking around the GM Duramax/Allison about as long as they've been making them. Literally all of my friends own them, so I've driven just about every year and configuration.

For the first few years, the harsh suspension and enormous turbo lag prevented my buying one. Then, they got better and better; and more powerful.

When I drove the LBZ, I finally experienced the perfect Duramax. Even better, the six-speed Allison was light-years ahead of previous generations and the clincher was the addition, seems like a simple thing, of the Camper Mirrors.

Soooo, I bought a new 2006+ Chevy D/A LBZ Crew Cab/Regular Bed on February 5th. Yup, while others were watching the silly Super Bowl, I was arguing with and browbeating a Chevy salesman. And we bought our dream truck.

Now, a little over a month later, I still couldn't be happier. Our LBZ has more power than we will ever need, it gets fabulous mileage and is everything we could ever want in a truck.

You're right, General Motors done good!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yup

ready to get rid of mine my 05 got better mpg's 06 only getting 14,5 empty and 8.3 pulling a light weight camper.BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abe was right... "You can't please all of the people all of the time".

(Or was that Fool?) ):h

I'm in the LOVE Column... Great truck. :exactly:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts