Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Just purchased a truck with a Driveway coupon and I want to thank

everyone who helped me out especially Dominick and Bart.

I want to help out and clear up some confusion about the different prices to assist anyone else out there.

The GMS price is the price a GM employee pays.

The Supplier price was 4% above this, now it's 5% above making it sometimes come out to about $30 over the invoice price.

The real price the dealer pays for the vehicle is in narrative form at the bottom of the invoice and says 'less holdback and financing/advertising credits' after the number.

But this final invoice includes the money the dealer gets every quarter for holdback and ADV/Financing credits.

Of course you save the DOC fees since the certificate doesn't allow the dealer to charge you those fees. The Gm Driveway price at supplier cost is locked in and includes the ADV fees (usually 1% of MSRP). Hope this helps.

If you don't have a certificate, A very saavy negotiator can get down to invoice, split the adv fees, and make him drop the DOC fees and get a better deal than the supplier price unless the supplier price lists the price as 4% over GMS which means the truck is at least a couple of months old. Then you subtract all of your rebates. It's about a 3 to 4 hour process without a certificate and very draining.

Merry Xmas!

Harry K.Edited by: HarryK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts