Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used '03 Duramax 3500 Dually 4x4 CREW. Included in the deal is the "GM Certified" warranty period of 3 months or 4000 miles. The truck currently has 32,000 miles, but due to the in-service date of November '02, it is "out" of the factory warranty period.

I'm new to the forum (sorry no signature yet), and new to diesels, so I would appreciate any advice folks could give me on what items I might look for during the "GM Certified" period. I'm friends with one of the service advisors at our local Chevy dealership, and I could probably pay a couple hours labor to FIND problems that normally occur, so they can be caught and fixed under the "Certified" warranty. Also, are Chevy dealers re-imbursed for warranty work at a rate which makes it appealing to find and perform warranty repairs, or should I expect them to fight me on things? I have one issue (minor) so far. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
The truck has a 3/36,000, but the engine has a 5/100,000, and I can't remember what the injectors are good for. Do a search. Lots of posts on warranty info. These are all factory transferable. I bought mine used last year and it's been in the shop 2 times under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts