Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Hey,

GM is not going to file. It was all over the news in September. Actually, it was on after they settled their contract with the UAW. They are going to reorganize in house. So don't even worry about it.

Take care,

Will

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
How you like this quote from the Delphi filing. This is BS......Censored I think it's time we take this country back before it's too late.....

At that moment, Chapter 11 was imminent. Miller scheduled a board meeting for the following morning.
In the last days before filing, Miller took care of one last detail: boosting the severance packages for 21 top Delphi executives, and setting aside $88 million for potential bonuses for senior management. Only then, on Oct. 8, did the Delphi board approve the Chapter 11 filing in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Hey,

That is total BS!! Nevermind any money for the poor support workers. Give it all to the executives!! I DON''T THINK SO!!

I agree, that is total lunacy and something needs to be done!!

Take care,

Will

·
Registered
499 Posts
I heard on the radio on Friday that there is a 60% chance of bankruptcy.
No Ned, the speculating reporters of the news media said there was a 40% chance of that, but they also failed to sight any reasons why they thought this was so. FCensoredg idiots!

Right now, according to 3rd quarter statements, GM has about $18 billion in cash and cash equivilents.

Does that sound like bankruptcy to you? :rant:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The company that I work for has contracts with GM and Delphi. From what Delphi has told us is they "expect" to be a bigger and more efficient company by mid 2007. There orders have slowed some, but still coming in. We haven't been told anything about GM and there orders are typical for this time of year.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
With the cash and cash flow GM has I doubt they will go bank rupt. I'm sure they will reorganize and move right along.
F250WHEELS,
Looks like you have an adgenda here. Why a GM site? Are you in the market for a GM pickup? If so you're a very wise man. :grd:

·
Registered
499 Posts
With the cash and cash flow GM has I doubt they will go bank rupt. I'm sure they will reorganize and move right along.
F250WHEELS,
Looks like you have an adgenda here. Why a GM site? Are you in the market for a GM pickup? If so you're a very wise man. :grd:
I think he just likes our company better! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
No Ned, the speculating reporters of the news media said there was a 40% chance of that, but they also failed to sight any reasons why they thought this was so. FCensoredg idiots!

Right now, according to 3rd quarter statements, GM has about $18 billion in cash and cash equivilents.

Does that sound like bankruptcy to you? :rant:
No, it was 60%...I'm certainly not hoping so however. I hope that GM can get its shCensored t together. I don't really want to drive a GM YotaIsuzuHondaWhatever. I want my truck to stay American (and please nobody start telling me it ain't already w/ the foreign parts...keep me ignorant of reality)

·
Registered
82 Posts
F250WHEELS,
No I'm not looking for anothere truck, I love my ford. I'm A ture gearhead that likes to see what makes things tick, nomatter what the make of truck.;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey,

GM is not going to file. It was all over the news in September. Actually, it was on after they settled their contract with the UAW. They are going to reorganize in house. So don't even worry about it.

Take care,

Will

From what I've read, more bad news has come out since September. There seems to be a growing sentiment on Wall Street that GM hasn't done enough to resolve their debt and market share loss.

Some links:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_19/b3932001_mz001.htm

A good article dated May 9, 2005. Since that time a few things have occured - Delphi filed for bankruptcy in Oct., GM's credit rating moved into Junk, UAW is threatening a strike at Delphi(which could be the death knell for GM), SEC started a formal investigation into accounting at GM.

From this article: "It's difficult for us to see, if volumes and share continue to fall, how they're going to get the significant costs cuts necessary to stabalize cash flows. says Mark A. Oline, an analyst at the Fitch rating service which has GM debt at a BBB- rating, one notch above junk, with a 'negative' outlook. 'Having that kind of cash drain is unsustainable over the long term'".

Since then Fitch has downgraded GM's credit rating three times, down to
B+, well into Junk.

More bad news:

At GM, troubles mount for man behind the wheel
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05315/604975.stm

GM's Default Swaps,Options Show Increasing Bets on Bankruptcy
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a8oF_G_3iTGs&refer=news_index

S&P: GM a Strong Sell
http://yahoo.businessweek.com/investor/content/nov2005/pi20051110_3821_pi010.htm

·
Registered
496 Posts
1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.