Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've seen threads mentioning a gm/chev 4.3L diesel engine but I can't find it/them. My question is: was the diesel 4.3 based on the 4.3 v6 gasser. If so, has anybody here converted an S-10? Thanks

Peyton

·
Registered
363 Posts
peyton;1586889; said:
I think I've seen threads mentioning a gm/chev 4.3L diesel engine but I can't find it/them. My question is: was the diesel 4.3 based on the 4.3 v6 gasser. If so, has anybody here converted an S-10? Thanks

Peyton

no the 4.3 diesel looks like a oldmobile 5.7 diesel with the back two cylders missing.... they made two versions FWD and RWD I think you can use a fwd in a rwd but may need to change a few things ... most of the fwd was found in olds cierras and such I know wheres there a monte carlo with a 4.3 diesel factory been trying to buy the motor for a year they don't want to sell the car... so yeah you could put it in a s-10 they put 350 old and chevy in there every day...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I believe the RWD was a V8, made from the Olds 260. The FWD was a V6, it was made from the Olds 350. I know the V8 was junk just like the 350. I have a friend who had one, it threw a rod with only 27K miles on it. I would put a 4BT Cummins in the S10, they are a great engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Olds. 350 diesel had some problems, but once those were fixed then it was a pretty decent motor, for gas mileage. I have one in my 1980 Pontiac Bonneville 2 door coupe with 196,000 miles on the car. It got 30,000 on the first motor, D block. It has 166,000 on the newer motor, DX block, which got put in the car in 1984. If you want more info on the 4.3s or 5.7 Olds diesels go to www.olds-diesel.com

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hell just put a 6.2l in a S-10 and call it a day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Buy a new car and call it a day. Just kidding.:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robotic_junky;1594370; said:
Buy a new car and call it a day. Just kidding.:D
Hey, I think you're on to something here!

Thanks for all the info guys.

Peyton

1 - 8 of 8 Posts