Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy some new glow plugs. Just want some feed back of what other people have bought and what people are happy and unhappy with. Are there good deals out there rather then buy direct from one place. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'm happy with my Delphi 60g bought off ebay for $59 plus $12 shipping to Canada. You can also get AC Delco from ebay for about the same price, maybe even a little cheaper. 60g's seem to be the way to go. I haven't hear of any reported problems with them whereas the "Quick-heat/Insta-heats" out there seem to be prone to premature failure.

Dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hear Bosch makes a good glow plug. A couple of my friends installed them and where happy.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,908 Posts
I have read in some old threads that Delphi Injector is the preferred one. But I have not heard it again recently. I am not sure if it is the same as 60G. Anybody knows?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Delphi injectors are injectors. Delphi 60G are glow plugs. Same company, different parts. Both good and reasonably priced.

Dave

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Go with 60G's, if they turn out bad you won't be lonesome.

Most other choices have already proven to be a problem.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so im guessing these Delphi 60gs are the way to go? Would it also be a good Idea to get a Glow Plug relay?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If it's not bad I would not change it. just one of those things down here in the south.

If I was up north I would have a spare on hand. Maybe change it and keep the old one.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
dzlrig;1583456; said:
so im guessing these Delphi 60gs are the way to go? Would it also be a good Idea to get a Glow Plug relay?
About the only thing I've heard about the 60gs is they need a little more glow time. I haven't found it to be a problem on my 98 and it's started after sitting for over 24 hrs in -20 C not plugged in. Something you might look at is a manual GP over ride switch. Give chrisk1500 a shout. He rigged one of with parts from Princess Auto for cheap.

Dave

·
Registered
287 Posts
the 60gs are AC Delco not Delphi's. i just installed a new set of 60gs and are happy with them, i paid for them out my ___ but thats because i needed them that day and couldnt wait for the shipping etc off the cheap ebay 60gs...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just bought 8 60G's from O'Reilly's for 71.92, All six stores around me had them in stock also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ive been thinkin bout gettin these instant heat glow plugs ssdieselsupply

non vendor hyper link removed

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
They are supposed to work real good, just don't expect them to last. They are lower voltage plugs that heat faster because of over voltage.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
96turbodiesel;1584556; said:
ive been thinkin bout gettin these instant heat glow plugs

ssdieselsupply
Don't waste your money.

Nothing but a let down when your almost new plugs start to fail. I know!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts