Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have learned alot from this site in the last year or two. I traded for an 83 6.2 blazer about a year ago and have learned a few things the hard way(running it out of diesel, twice ). But since I've had this project the glowplugs haven't work and I just use a little starting fluid to start it( I know its bad). The reason I'm having trouble fixing it is that i don't konw where to start.

Problems: 1.Turn on key and the glow plug light doesen't come on, 2. I don't hear the click of the glowplugs coming on, 3. I tried to jump the sylonoid using ground and hot and no luck, 4. and wires have been cut and left where some have been cut and spliced (these are heavy guage red wires that I'm pretty sure go to the glowplug system.

So the question is: Could someone scetch out (pictures are worth a thousand words) or list a wiring diagram as if there was no wiring at all. Like a starting point to an end. Either by key or by push-button. I think it goes from battery to key to (temp switch, glowplug controler or syloinod) then....I don't know! Thank you in advance for any help. I've searched and looked at the stickys and haven't found what I needed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts