Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a code for glow plug 5 over a period of several days. I figured I'd just replace that one real quick and maybe do the others later. Since I ordered the plug the check engine has not been coming back on. Just curious if this can just be an anomalous issue that corrects itself or should I just go ahead and replace it? I know it's a pretty quick job but time's at a premium with other items this weekend. This is a 2015 with about 66,000 miles.

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
I got a code for glow plug 5 over a period of several days. I figured I'd just replace that one real quick and maybe do the others later. Since I ordered the plug the check engine has not been coming back on. Just curious if this can just be an anomalous issue that corrects itself or should I just go ahead and replace it? I know it's a pretty quick job but time's at a premium with other items this weekend. This is a 2015 with about 66,000 miles.
I would just replace it for good measure (y)

Reactions: jklier

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Some suggest replacing all or replacing one side rather than just one.
When my LML thru a code for one it was the only one that got replaced.
Ran it for several more years, and it never needed another.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
I prefer to do by bank if not sets of 8. In my experience if you change one bank then a code will come up for a plug on the other side and you'll end up dong them all. Good part is if you smear dielectric grease on the threads they will not be stuck years down the road.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 5 of 5 Posts