Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need a little help. I have searched and find myself confused. What is the correct firing order of a LMM? Or more specifically, were is #2? I have a bad glow plug and the code says it is #2 but I see a couple of different diagrams.

And now for question #2, if one is bad are the rest soon to follow? Should I just replace them all?

·
Administrator
16,048 Posts
Ok, need a little help. I have searched and find myself confused. What is the correct firing order of a LMM? Or more specifically, were is #2? I have a bad glow plug and the code says it is #2 but I see a couple of different diagrams.

And now for question #2, if one is bad are the rest soon to follow? Should I just replace them all?
Firing order shown here and if you replace one it would be wise to do the entire bank

Attachments

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts

Change them all right away and be sure to coat the threads to prevent getting stuck and twisting off in the head. I prefer dielectric grease on the threads and terminals.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well sounds like all eight it is. Wasn't what I hoped to hear as it appears there are a couple that are going to be pretty hard to get to.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
I usually change mine as they go out, which in the last 10 years its only been 3 plugs some prefer to do the whole bank while they are in there ,,,,just saying whichever makes you more comfortable

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started out trying to change one at a time. Ended up changing them all, because it was a matter of weeks on each one, before the next went. They are quite a bit cheaper, if you buy a set, rather than doing one at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Kennedy

·
Registered
120 Posts
I`ve done just one at a time as they go out. In the last 11 years, only had 3 or 4 go out but I do see the logic of doing the whole bank while youre in there especially on the drivers side.....my .02$

Reactions: lmm2tow
1 - 7 of 7 Posts