Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Chevy with 46,000 mile service engine light coming on and turning off. Code read says it is the glow plug,, any one have this problem and is it covered under the 100,000 mile warranty for the duramax..

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Not sure if it's covered under 100K. If not, do a search. They seem to be very easy to replace. I was still under 36K when mine went, so I let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Is it a glow plug or the glow plug controller. A code would help. If it is the plug I would think it is covered under warranty. Check your warranty manual. If it is the controller I don't think that will be covered, it is external.

Jim

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
My truck just started to do the same thing on Wednesday when I picked it up form the paint shop (been sitting for a week and a half). I got the 0380 code from the programmer and called my dealer rep, she said it won't hurt to drive it until next week when I can bring it in but that it should be covered by warranty with $100.00 deductible. I sure hope she is right.:rolleyes: She did tell me that as long as my programmer is out I don't have to take my monitor out cause' they are cool with that.:ro)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sounds like glow plug controller and it is under 100k warranty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just had the same code. Took it to the dealer and had if fixed under extended warranty. Service rep. advised that glow plugs fall under the 100,000 mile emissions warranty. Found that the glow plug controller was bad. 75,000 miles. Payed $100.00 deductable.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just had the same code. Took it to the dealer and had if fixed under extended warranty. Service rep. advised that glow plugs fall under the 100,000 mile emissions warranty. Found that the glow plug controller was bad. 75,000 miles. Payed $100.00 deductable.
Go back to the dealer and get your $100 refunded. The glow plugs and controller do fall under the emission system warranty which is 100,000 miles. The dealer should not have used your extended warranty as the repair is covered by Chevrolet and there is no deductible.;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had other things done at the time. Guess I should have clarified that. That is why the $100 duduct. You're right on the warranty issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Error p0380

I am out of warenty and came up with the error.. i have tested all my glow plugs and they all test fine with a test light and a resistance tester. I cleaned all connection. Checked the MAXI fuse under the controle\fuse box under the hood it is still good. and it is pushing 12.67 volts to the relays but out from the relays to the plugs is only 11.22 volts. I am thinking the relays are bad on mine.. any imput. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts