Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck was throwing this code, so I replaced #1 (driver's side, front of engine by radiator). Code went off for 1 day.

Now code is back on. Same code as before. My thought is to check the voltage going to the glow plug at the glow plug, then at the control module (by probing the wire jacket by the module).

How much voltage should I see at the glow plug's ring terminal?

Any other troubleshooting ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My '06 is also giving a code (PO675 - Cylinder 5 glow plug circut). Is your code P0671? For cylinder #1 glow plug circut?
Are you sure the glow plug was bad or just not firing due to electrical problems?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't troubleshoot beyond my code, just spent $28 on a new glow plug.... Seemed reasonable.... :)

I believe that is the code, but I will verify for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, reasonable for sure. I ordered a new plug from the place I buy parts from for about $25 (just waiting on it to get here).
Maybe someone else can shed some light on your ses light coming back on.?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
check the harness for any rub points and tape up and add extra wire loom over the existing loom if needed. might be the glow plug module itself not puttin out either. when you get your new plug, check the ohms resistance of it compared to the one that is not working and a existing plug in the truck that actually works. this will tell you if the ploblem is the plug or somewhere else

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know the resistance level of a good Duramax glow plug?

·
Registered
102 Posts
or you could replace the right glow plug! If you replaced the front glow plug on the drivers side of the engine, you replaced # 2 glow plug :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, how in the heck do you get to the dumb plug? I disconnected the wires but that housing. How do you get it off??

·
Registered
741 Posts
My '06 is also giving a code (PO675 - Cylinder 5 glow plug circut). Is your code P0671? For cylinder #1 glow plug circut?
Are you sure the glow plug was bad or just not firing due to electrical problems?
I got the same code, #5 cylinder, dealer replaced, all is well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHAT! I read in an old post that the odd numbers were on the driver's side!

Which way is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.