Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience in purchasing from Giant RV in Southern California?

I am considering purchasing an 07 WW FS2600. They are tough to beat on prices, especially compared to the WW dealers in the Phoenix area.

I want to know who I am dealing with and others comments are valuable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
All they care about is the sale, their service dept is among the worst. Since you are in Phoenix you need to find out if there is a place out there that will do WW warranty work. Because you will need it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Go to RV.Net and do a search. They have a VERY poor reputation after the sale.

·
Registered
816 Posts
My neighbor bought a 06' WW 35' 5th wheel last weekend from Giant RV. It was used (but looks brand new) He was there all day having the hitch installed / walk thru. They do sell alot of trailers so you can work out a good deal with them. Neighbor got it out the door for 30k included in the deal was a Reese 18k hitch, at first they were going to give him a 11k when his trailer is at 11k go figure.

Do theck out rv.net

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of my buddys just purchased a Weekend Warrior SLC3905 Billet Edition, 2 weeks ago and he practically stole it from them! The sticker price was $63K +, he got it for 46k + tax!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have known a few people that get a price qoute from Cali and then start working with a local dealer in AZ and try to get them to match the price. They are a lot more willing to work with you if they know you are serious. I wouldn't buy one from a dealer that isn't close.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have worked a pretty good deal at Beaudry RV in Tucson. They also have a Mesa and Phoenix location, but only sell WW in Tucson. They will service it up here, so that is about as local as it gets.

They have a price of about $35,000 OTD (inlcudes 6.1% sales tax, license, and $299 doc fee) for a loaded, gelcoat, 07 WW FS2600. The MSRP is $42,283 on that unit. That is slightly higher than where Giant is at, but I don't have as much hassle taking delivery and getting service. They are also throwing in 60 gallons of gas, propane, two jackets, two nights at their RV resort, and a membership in the 1000 Trails RV club (not real exciting, but hell I'll take it). I am still trying to work in the hitch, but haven't got that yet. They want $800 for a Reese installed.

I was hoping to be closer to $33K OTD, but the only way I can get there is sacrifice some options like the captains chairs, vinyl flooring, batteries, etc.

What do you think? Is that a good deal or what? I've called about 5 dealers and that is about as good as it gets on the 07s and the 08s aren't gonna be any cheaper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not a bad deal on the the hitch!!!
My buddy got his hitch for $900 bucks & we stayed late at work one night and installed it! Why are the 07's the same price as the 08's????

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I can get an 08 at that price, then I won't buy the 07. They told me it would be more, but I did not get a specific price.

The WW were redone in 07 and the price increased about $2k. I suspect the 08s may not be much different since the design did not change at all.

Out!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is this model a Billet Edition??

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No it is the tan/wood.

I may have found an FSC 2800 07 Billet Edition used in So Cal for $30K from private party. It looks great from the pictures. If that checks out, I would buy it in a minute.

Out!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I bought the same exact model you are looking at in June from Giant RV . It is a WW FS26. The price you are talking about is good but you can do better. Figure 20-25% off the msrp. Try to get close to 23 or 24%. If you call I think he is at the Giant RV in Colton his name is Shawn Zang, he goes by headinjury he will get you the best price on a new warrior bar none. Then maybe you can use that price to get a better price in AZ. Also the new 08's have quite a few nice improvements over the 07. The ladder stays on the trailer and pushes up next to trailer instead of removing it. Just one example. Go to the ww web site it will list all the new improvements. Good luck you will love the trailer. Any questions let em know if I can help.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ickman99;1568442; said:
I bought the same exact model you are looking at in June from Giant RV . It is a WW FS26. The price you are talking about is good but you can do better. Figure 20-25% off the msrp. Try to get close to 23 or 24%. If you call I think he is at the Giant RV in Colton his name is Shawn Zang, he goes by headinjury he will get you the best price on a new warrior bar none. Then maybe you can use that price to get a better price in AZ. Also the new 08's have quite a few nice improvements over the 07. The ladder stays on the trailer and pushes up next to trailer instead of removing it. Just one example. Go to the ww web site it will list all the new improvements. Good luck you will love the trailer. Any questions let em know if I can help.
You are still leaving a bunch of $$ on the table. 30+% off retail is getting close and the dealer is still making some cash.

·
Registered
668 Posts
HaulinRV,

I hear what you are saying but, The best I could find on a weekeend warrior is what I stated earlier. The rv industry is way overpriced. The price I got was from two dealers competing against each other for about 2 months and the one I finally bought from threw in a $400.00 screen option. I don't think for a weekend warrior they will go over 25%. They don't have to someone else will buy it. Thats is the attitude out here.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately, the guy in SoCal had already traded that WW FSC2800 since his new rig came in.

So, I pulled the trigger on an WW FSC2800. I pick it up Wednesday. I bought it from Travelon RV at their Glendale, Arizona store. That was the last place I thought I would buy, but in the end they matched the best price I could get anywhere else and they are local so that is good.

It was $32,213 and $35,300 OTD (tax and license are spendy here in AZ) and it is pretty much loaded with an MSRP of $42,000. It is has the blue graphics and tan interior. I was happy with the price overall, but I would have still liked to be a little lower. Oh well, I have a hunting trip next weekend and I bet I won't think twice about it from here forward.

Yeah, I figure that 22% off MSRP is pretty good here in AZ. I pounded on these guys for the last five days and I had pretty much everybody at the same price considering options. Giant in SoCal was a little lower, but with pickup or delivery fees it was pretty much a wash.

Thanks for all the advice!

Out!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice as long as you are happy that is the main thing. You will love that trailer. Have fun and enjoy. It looks like you got a good deal. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
They do make a cool rig. Since I haul rv's now and was in the rv business before I guess since I see the costs I expect a better deal. When I buy I just ask every dealer I deliver to for there best price. I now have a dealer I have bought from that I can buy at $500 over dead cost. Needless to say I have bought a couple and sold a couple:). He makes a couple bucks and all he does is order it, I pick it at the factory and we are done. Now as far as Weekend Warrior, I have never even pulled one. Heck I have only seen them at a couple dealers. They just are not that popular in the Midwest. Around here if you throw a stone you will likely hit a Raptor though. Again enjoy your new rig!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Good info, I will have to try your approach the next time I buy one. One guy commented who used to sell them 25% was about the max. I guess it depends how bad they want to sell it or they wait for the next guy to buy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the 07 FB2600 billet edition fiberglass sides fully loaded from the Colton/Riverside Giant RV i believe the sticker was 41-43k and i got it out the door for 30k and some change

also got hitch, load levelers, and sway control install for under $600

i believe my salesman was named jason ( sorry it was a few months back )

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts