Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the dually from my father in about a week. It's the '01 3500 listed in my sig. I'll be on Spring Break for a week, so I'll have plenty of time to go over it.

For starters, it needs new tires desperately. I've decided on running 235/85/16 tires, but I can't decide between BFG A/T's, Commercial Traction, or Yokohama ATII's. It's getting to be warmer here in the mountains, but I know the tires will be on it well into the next year, so I want to stay with something as above for the icy traction qualities.

The truck has around 60K miles on it, has a new fuel filter, and my father was meticulous on the oil changes, using Kendall oil. I would love to run synthetic in it, but is it too late to change over? As for the other services, I don't know if he did them or had the stealer do them.

So give me a run-down on what I should check/have done/replace. It's never been in for injector inspection or replacement. Should I get them checked? :help:

I'll be driving this truck for........a few years most likely, and I want to get it up to MY expectations. Thanks for any kind of info you can give!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I myself am new to the diesel scene so what to look for is something I can not tell you except that I have found everything I needed and then some on the site with very knowledge worthy people. One thing I can tell you it is never too late to switch to synthetics. Thats the #1 myth . So enjoy your new truck .

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything that is NOT on the maintenance schedule that I should check for besides a hole in the t-case?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts