Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had taken my 05 dmax into the shop with what I think was gelling. they said that Whatever fuel pressure i should be running (I forgot) I was only running about 1400 psi at the filter. They changed the filter under warranty (I already had the new filter recall done) I also told them about the parking lot surge along with the fuel filter % on the DIC they also took care of all of this at no charge. they left me with a slip of paper. This paper was a snap shot of the TIS 2000 system screen stating what they done it has ID numbers ,Current #, and a selected # along with a discription of the calibrations they did. Is this common for them to show you this?

Just wondering

jas

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I had taken my 05 dmax into the shop with what I think was gelling. they said that Whatever fuel pressure i should be running (I forgot) I was only running about 1400 psi at the filter. They changed the filter under warranty (I already had the new filter recall done) I also told them about the parking lot surge along with the fuel filter % on the DIC they also took care of all of this at no charge. they left me with a slip of paper. This paper was a snap shot of the TIS 2000 system screen stating what they done it has ID numbers ,Current #, and a selected # along with a discription of the calibrations they did. Is this common for them to show you this?

Just wondering

jas
Not sure about the tech report, but if you were running 1400 psi at the filter, it'd be half way to the moon right now...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Not sure about the tech report, but if you were running 1400 psi at the filter, it'd be half way to the moon right now...
No kidding:eek:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The filter is under vacuum from the injection pump. So, if you have a filter restriction, the vacuum will increase. It isn't measured in psi, it would be inches of mercury or inches of water column. Maybe they mean't that you only had 1400 psi rail pressure, which would be a problem. Our trucks run up to 23,000 psi.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Handing you the paper printout is just being thorough. Keep it handy so you can see what calibrations are in the vehicle and compare to any potential updates that come out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gelled fuel and updates

1400 psi rail pressure, Thats what I think they said. I am asuuming that is do to the gelling? When this sets of the check engine light is there a way for me to reset it or does the shop have to do it? Thanks for all the interesting stuff on the site very very helpful for a newbie like me. Keep up all the good work everyone does..

Hooked on this website for life.

Later
jas

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was using power service that day and I also had the front cover on minus the bumper cover.

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
874 Posts
Powerservice SUCKS in the cold. Mine's gelled up twice now while using PowerService

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gelled fuel

I was in Wisconsin last Saturday ( Wisconsin Dells -19 F) with Power service added and had no problem. I am not a believer or disbeliever of Powerservice, however, you need to understand that it is not just the additive that is going to prevent gelling. You also have to have decent fuel. If you run garbage fuel, you are going to have problems no matter what additive you are using.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My truck has that surging problem too. One of these days I'll get it in to have the updates done. It's annoying but. I deal with it for now.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
:grd: :grd: I guess no one wants to believe this and I've said it many times that it's spelled H_O_W_E_S L_U_B_R_I_C_A_T_O_R--in 32 years,I've never gelled up,never had a rusted filter,always had smooth running diesels when using Howes. "You go or Howes pays the tow"---and absolutely NOT a salesman who's self-serving. Nuff said.:rant: :rant:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts