Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, I have a1995 suburban with an 8 lug 14 bolt semi float in it. (3.42 gears) I bought a 2000 14 bolt sf with 4.10 gears and G-80 with discs that I wanted to put in it but the axle tubes are rotted through and leaking. My question is can I take the whole carrier out of the 4.10 out of the axle and put it in my axle? I don’t know if they are the same.externally they look the say. Slines on axles etc. Please don’t suggest buying gears from Yukon etc. Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can a moderator move this to drivetrain? Maybe someone will respond there?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am aware that the pinion needs to be swapped also, this truck is not a daily driver. I use it for hunting and l can’t justify spending big money on converting it to 4.10. I bought the front 4.10 fo 150 at a junkyard. I started looking at ring and pinions at summit, jegs etc. and they list different part numbers for a 95 14 bolt sf vs a 2000 . I am guessing they are different?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update in case any body else trys this. I successfully put the ring and pinio,locker from the 2000 14 bolt sf from the Gmt 800 truck into my 95 suburban axle. I used all the old bearings and seals. It, really put my sub with 285’s back where it likes to run. 19-2000 rpms at 55 miles per hour. I will do the front axle tomorrow. My speedometer is 10 mph offf, how do I correct this?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad it went together good. Thanks for the update. Below is a link to calibrate your spedo. As far as I know this is the only way to do it.
I read that, above my paygrade! I am a60 year old ditch digger !I wonder if the Vss from the 2000 will work on my truck?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think the newer Vssb will work in your truck. 2000 would be OBD2 and have ABS. It may use a different brodcast code. On the sticker there is a brodcast code. It will be 3 letters like PYT. underneath the brodcast code will be the part number. If the 2000 code and numbers match your DRAC, VSSB #s then it should work.
Unique Diesel maks custom DRACs. They are a site sponsor. Link below
Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.