Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I could find gears for my 03 duramax 4wd. I am running 285's they took me to about 3:52. I guess i am looking for 3:92's to bring me back to 3:73 with the 285's I have heard that if I would go to 4:10's I would have to change the carrior? Wll just trying to get an idea how hard it is, and what would be the best bang for the buck?
Thanks Jon
TST comp stage, II intake, 4 inch exhaust, bullydog propane, with transgo and BD torque converter

·
Registered
457 Posts
Certainly the 285s couldn't have taken much if any power away espically on a modified truck like yours. You want as much power as possible or did you really feel it that bad? Please elaborate.

To anwser your question you don't have to change the carrier when replacing the 3.73s with 4.10s. Keep in mind that since your truck is 4wd you'll have to regear the front and rear differentials so thats probably not the most cost effective way. It would be cheaper to buy another chip or 2 for that matter than to regear.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
The good thing about gears is that matching them to the tires will alow you to retain factory specs. No reprogramming issues. No warranty issues related to tire size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts