Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone who's running gauges, running the ISSPRO Pyro 3607T? Kennedy told me they're in short supply so I was wondering what other options I have. I go pick my trailer up in a couple of weeks and I really want the gauges on before I leave. BD-X monitor is cool but way too pricey.. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Autometer makes good guages but not sure of part numbers. Check w/ local speed shop.

·
Banned
328 Posts
We have the R3607TR in stock?? It just has a red needle instead of a white needle.

We have a digital gauge that is similar to the X-Monitor, jsut not as fancy. IT reads three gauges at once. We use oil temp, egt, boost. It is very simple to install and is much cheaper than the BD.

If you just want Isspro's either call Kenedy and tell him to get them from me, or just call me? Either way we have anything ya need!

Quad

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
SPA DG211

·
Registered
861 Posts
well i have autometer and can't be happier. i think they are great gauges

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, thanks guys..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quad - that digital one looks huge!! Is it the same size as the BD..? Looks like a large brick.. :) (no bashing intended)..

·
Banned
328 Posts
"Quad - that digital one looks huge!! Is it the same size as the BD..? Looks like a large brick.. :) (no bashing intended)"

It is a little bigger than the X-Monitor in overall size. It is still really compact and doesn't come out quite to the edge of the dash. The reason for this, is that our gauge is only one unit. Everything you need is attached to the back of that screen. BD uses a seperate box to gather the data then you have to connect the screen to it.

"Do you have any pics of the rest of the installation, especially where you put thermocouple?"

I will post some pictures. I use basically the same spot as everyone else on the passenger side, but I do use a little different place. I use the spot I do, because I want a reading of all 4 cylinders. If you use the spot in the cast material you tend to get spikes in egt's because it is too close to a single cylinder. To each his own, thats just my opinion.

"Also, your website says must be pre-turbo, can you explain the benefit of that location and why it's a must?"

WE use an open core pyrometer. This is much different than a grounded thermocouple that most companies use. To my knowledge we are the only ones using this thermocouple. It is much faster reacting than any other gauge on the market. At idle with a throttle blip I have seen as high as 700 deg! With this gauge we also set the max temps higher, say 1350 deg -1400 deg because it reacts so quickly. If needed I can get the exact specs on the probe. The bottom line is, I use it because it works the best, and is the most accurate probe I have ever seen. It also makes no difference how deep you install the probe.

It has to be mounted pre-turbo because it needs the heat. If you mount post turbo, over time the thermocouple will corrode and becom less accurate.

"Has anyone mounted a monitor in any other location? "

We also have the same gauge that is mounted in a small metal box. It looks similar to a radar detector. WE have had people put this all over the place. I believe a gentleman on the other site installed it in the over head section. Also we can send you just the board and it can be installed anywhere you like, and you can basically flush mount it. People that do this usually have an aftermarket wood console. The only downside to mounting it flush is that on the side we have a button that lets you set a mx temp. When you flush mount it, you loose the ability to change settings. The settings are adjustable from 900-1500 deg. When you hit the max temp the whole screen flashes. With the box you can still change the settings and mount it in a lot of places, just don't flush mount it.

I will post some pictures in a few minutes.

Plus, I have something to offer Mackin!

Quad

·
Banned
328 Posts
Mackin,

Let me start by saying that my post are always in good fun, if they aren't you will be able to tell!

I have a proposition for ya!

I'll race you, on a track, 1/4 mile. We can discuss it, and I will give you a head start, maybe the length of the lights? If you beat me, I will give you one of my Tuners in any HP level you desire.

BUT

If you loose, you give me your Edge Box.

Sound fair?

For everyone else, it looks like I will have a "hot juice" for sale cheap in the near future!

Have fun!

Quad

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Here are some pics of my Banks Gauges. as for the night picture, they are both equally illuminated and it matches the dash lights. :

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quadzilla said:
Mackin,

Let me start by saying that my post are always in good fun, if they aren't you will be able to tell!

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001

I have a proposition for ya!

I'll race you, on a track, 1/4 mile. We can discuss it, and I will give you a head start, maybe the length of the lights? If you beat me, I will give you one of my Tuners in any HP level you desire.

BUT

If you loose, you give me your Edge Box.

Sound fair?

For everyone else, it looks like I will have a "hot juice" for sale cheap in the near future!

Have fun!

Quad

Quad,

Speakin of "always in good fun," if you keep this up they'll have to move your post to the classifieds "For Sale."

2DAMAX

1 - 20 of 37 Posts