Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get a pyrometer and boost guage? Who makes a good system and mount?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Hitman98,

Check our site for options on the gauges, we stock Auto Meter, Isspro and DiPricol, lots of different looks to select from. As far as mounts we sell the Auto Meter mounts exclusively as they fit best, look stock and are made of the right materials to not warp in the summer heat etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I went with the Autometer pillar mount and gauges and very pleased.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I am trying to find an alternative to the A piller mount. I am not sure I like the looks of those.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hitman98;1561357; said:
Thanks for the help guys. I am trying to find an alternative to the A piller mount. I am not sure I like the looks of those.
Search for the trippin overhead mount. It is sold through a vendor on this site. It utilizes the space on the overhead console.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I believe Autometer makes a mount that fits between the overhead console and rearview mirror. I've been looking at the Autometer Sport Comp II. They look like a really good match for the stock gauges.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hitman98;1561357; said:
I have the Autometer dual pod above mirror mount, I also did not want the piller mount.

I'm happy with my setup, very secure setup , the gauges are angled towards driver, very easy to see, as they are just above the rear view mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hitman98;1561357; said:

AutoMeter's SportComp II gauges in a Trippin mount on my truck:

Daytime:

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Nighttime:

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quick 6 Racing;1562022; said:
I have the Autometer dual pod above mirror mount, I also did not want the piller mount.

I'm happy with my setup, very secure setup , the gauges are angled towards driver, very easy to see, as they are just above the rear view mirror.
Quick...How does that mount attach? Also does it interfear with the mirror? Did you paint it? I really like the Trippin mount but I also like that cubby hole for my glasses. Yours is the first installed pic of the Autometer mount.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bodysurfer Thanks for the pics of your Sport Comp II's especially the lightup ones. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Doesn't someone make a mount that goes on top of the dash, or is that the one in the DYI section that shows how to modify a mustang guage mount?

·
Registered
38 Posts
that trippin mount looks sick! makes me wish i had the overhead console.

·
Registered
376 Posts
how hard was it to run everything up above the windshield? the trippin mount looks good

·
Registered
376 Posts
trotorx2
i cant seem to get the link to work can you try to post it again? thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love the guages in the upper cubby, but I am not sure I want to take the interior apart to run the wires. They are normal size guages, I am going to look around for something I can mount near the bottom of the dash.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Trotorx2;1562337; said:
Quick...How does that mount attach? Also does it interfear with the mirror? Did you paint it? I really like the Trippin mount but I also like that cubby hole for my glasses. Yours is the first installed pic of the Autometer mount.
The mount attaches with the supplied 3M HD velcro, very secure. It has been in place since last July with no problems (even in -10 & + 105 degree weather). It does not interfere with mirror, I can adjust mirror fine, up/down side to side. It comes in Black, I left it that way so as to match the mirror trim and other black dash trim in my truck. And like you I still can use my cubby as a safe place for my glasses.

FYI...I found the overhead cubby just a little to far back to mount gauges...to see them while driving you would need to move your head....with the over the mirror style...all you need to do is eye movement to see the gauges...try it with something like a watch in both places to see for yourself.

Also notice the pic from the pass side...the look out the window at eye level to the left is not partially blocked by gauges as you would have with a pillar mount...I like that especially when driving in town / traffic and turning left.

More pics of this Autometer set-up.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts