Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm ordering gauges, I've had the edge before and autometer gauges in a dual pod. I didn't really care for the pod, I liked the edge digital gauges but aside from them it's useless.

does anyone sell a digital gauge set up like the edge that can be mounted in the overhead console? Is it true that since the edge reads from the stock boost sensor it's not good with aftermarket turbo's and higher than stock boost?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quadzilla makes a gauge system called the Commander. It can serve as stand-alone gauges and will also control other performance modules. Pics in my garage. I think it'd be too big to mount in the overhead console, though. They're supposed to be making a pillar pod mount, or you can put it on the lower console like I've got mine.

BD makes a product called the X-monitor that is just a gauge system. You could also look at SPA digital or Dakota Digital gauges; both make a single gauge combination pyro/boost.

You could mount the SPA or DD gauges in the overhead console with one of Trippin's panels. BD would have to be mounted differently.

As I understand it, the issue with Edge not measuring boost accurately was a software limitation that was fixed in later versions. The limitation was not the MAP sensor, at least with a stock turbo. Quad is also supposed to be coming out with a mechanical boost kit, which wouldn't suffer any limitations from factory sensors. Have yet to see this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts