Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kennedy Isspro gauge set with pillar post to install this weekend onto my 02 and have a few questions:

1) Does the pillar post overlay onto the original post?

2) If the pillar post overlays, do you have to remove the original post to be able to pull the wires/tubes up to hook to the gauges?

3) As far as electrical connections go, do they hook up to the backside of the fuse box that is right by the driver's door? What wire goes where?

4) Should the boost or EGT gauge go in the top position on the pod?

Any help explaining the wires and pillar post installation would be helpful.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have the same questions Catalina does. Also where are people putting their signal amplifiers?

TC

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) Does the pillar post overlay onto the original post? Yes, the pillar post overlays. To remove the original post you have to pull at the top to remove a push in clip and then unhook a clip located at the bottom of the pillar.

2) If the pillar post overlays, do you have to remove the original post to be able to pull the wires/tubes up to hook to the gauges? See above. In addition, it is easiest to drill two quarter sized holes in the original pillar to pull the new EGT and boost gauge tubing through.

3) As far as electrical connections go, do they hook up to the backside of the fuse box that is right by the driver's door? What wire goes where? I found it best to tap into the headlight dimmer switch. Pull back on the dash panel and then unclip the dimmer switch module. Test for a variable voltage while toggling the switch.

4) Should the boost or EGT gauge go in the top position on the pod?

The EGT gauge should be on top as it is nearest to "eye" level as you are driving.

Any help explaining the wires and pillar post installation would be helpful.

As far as painting the pillar post, purchase SEM's plastic paint, a tube of SEM plastic wash and the SEM plastic prep. If you don't use the plastic wash with a green scrubby, the paint may not adhere properly. Alternatives to the plastic wash could be simple green. You want to get the plastic resins off of the surface before painting.

Also, instead of using the tee method for a boost source or drilling into the manifold, we removed the air intake tube. We had a piece of 1x1 aluminum welded onto the tube (nearest the rubber hose going into the manifold) and then drilled and tapped it for a 1/4 inch NPT fitting. This method takes away any chance of getting shavings into the motor and is a permanent mount. By locating the hole on the backside of the air intake tube, it is not visible upon casual inspection. Pictures will be posted shortly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We mounted the signal amplifier to the cover of the electrical box that is located under the dash. The cover has a single plastic nut. We used 4 strips of 3M double stick tape onto the flat surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts