Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a EGT probe in my manifold already from my old edge box. Cound I use this probe with an aftermarket pyro gauge suchs as Isspro, Autometer, or Banks???? It would save me some work and money, plus the wiring is already 3/4 of the way to where it needs to be.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Okay, you didn't hear it from me ;) ; I'm sure the sales guys would rather sell you a new one!

As long as it is a Type K thermocouple (pretty much any EGT application is), then it should output the same voltage. You may have issues with connectors. Keep in mind that the leadwire (wiring extension from the thermocouple wires themselves) can alter the effective output of the thermocouple, and a given gauge might not be calibrated to that particular leadwire length or material. The differences should be minor though.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I was in the same boat. I know with the Autometer guages the probe will thread right into the piece that was installed in manifold for the Edge probe. Imo if you are putting new guages in may as well put the new probe in as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts