Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting to many miles on my 06 LBZ, 42,000 in first year. This truck will never be sold and I think I would like to use it for towing my trailer only.

I have been looking at the GMC website and am enterested in the new 08 GMC Allterrain pickup with 5.3 gas V-8. I figure I could drive this truck a few years and trade it in for another with no problem and not to many miles added to my LBZ. This truck will be my daily driver and hunting truck. I'm afraid of the new diesels with all the limp problems and partical filters.

Does anyone know of a web site that is like DieselPlace.com but is for gas rigs? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Many thanks 8100 Power.

Tom:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd just drive the diesel all the time. I don't think you can put too many miles on it. Furthermore, look at the depreciation costs involved with vehicles, you won't be any further ahead getting an additional truck.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
maybe you could wait till 09 and get a 4.5 duramax 1/2 ton

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think hes talking about the new z71 all terain on the sierra's only. It had a few special things on it.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I'd find a good deal on a good used one. I am looking for another truck as well. To use for a beater farm truck.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I love that new GAT package (GMC All Terrain), wish my 1500 had that!

I drive an '07 GMC 1500 SLT Crew as a daily driver. I do pull trailers with it, and it did "ok" with my 28' Haulmark enclosed trailer loaded with harleys and a range rover in it. I emphasize "OK", because it doesn't pull 10,000 lbs in style, but it pulls it. I also have an 18' Featherlite aluminum open car trailer, and that suits it much better. Great truck, only some minor issues with it. Some rattles here and there, and terrible fuel econ (12 mpg).

I was too impatient to wait for a 2500 LMM, and got mine at the end of Feb this year. I wish I would have waited, as I'm so used to having diesels and with pulling trailers often I do miss the power. Good thing this one is a lease, I'm sure the tranny will be about shot after 24 months. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts