·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I get "Fuel "economy, not Gas mileage.

·
Registered
865 Posts
11-16 mpg so far

Im gonna take it on a 500 mile road trip in 2 weeks and Im going to keep it at under 2000 RPM the whole time to see what it can pull off with really conservative driving

·
Registered
618 Posts
I get about 14-15 with the dually (unloaded) if i stay around 70-75 mph on the interstate. Haven't driven it much in the city, don't know about that.
Don

·
Registered
147 Posts
I get 17mpg highway cruising at 70, with a topper and too many tools in my box :)
I get 15mpg driving around the city.

I had no idea our rigs were as heavy as they are until reading the recent threads on Weight. Not bad milage considering.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i get about 10-11 city and 13-15 hiway with the truck in my sig. i used to get 13-14 city and 17-19 hiway! (ARRRG!) anyway, i posted a thread about that and someone told me to clean my MAF sensor. so im going to do that this weekend. I think i responded to your post in the 'other vehicles' section... if that was you.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I get infinite gas mileage.

This pops up every week. Do a search. It seems to vary from 12-15 mpg for a dually to 20-22 mpg for a 1500.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My mileage has dropped off sharply since the winter started. Don't have any exact numbers but I can average around 12mpg hiway. Used to do alot better in summer.

I think that I may have some big GP and Injector problems because when I startup the engine cold it fires poorly on half the cyliners and there is a huge cloud of white smoke until it warms up.

What do you guys think?

I'm running 4:10's and usually 65mph on highway.

·
Registered
771 Posts
19mpg on the U.S. gallon or 23 to 24 on the Imp. gal.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
What kind of gas mileage do you 6.5 guys get?
Depends towing or regular driving, how much weight of the tow, & how fast the drive, and what gear ratio final drive is of the axle & tire combination.

This a generic question, or do you have some issue with yours, we need a signature with truck info to give the best answer of what similarly equipped vehicle should average for Diesel mpg

·
Banned
536 Posts
My mileage has dropped off sharply since the winter started. Don't have any exact numbers but I can average around 12mpg hiway. Used to do alot better in summer.

I think that I may have some big GP and Injector problems because when I startup the engine cold it fires poorly on half the cyliners and there is a huge cloud of white smoke until it warms up.

What do you guys think?

I'm running 4:10's and usually 65mph on highway.

Don't forget winter mix diesel is totally different than summer blend at the pumps. Its #1 instead of #2, being cut with Kerosene... I THINK.

Anyhow I was pouring some in the other day, spilled in the snow and what i was pouring was like florescent green, instead of normal diesel color.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
~17 MPG city if I drive like grampaw
~12 MPG city if I drive like nvmtnlion :D
~23 MPG highway if I keep it on cruise set to 74

·
Registered
471 Posts
~17 MPG city if I drive like grampaw
~12 MPG city if I drive like nvmtnlion :D
~23 MPG highway if I keep it on cruise set to 74
Okay, I gotta ask, is that imperial gallons? If not, please let us know how you get 23 mpg at 74 mph which is about 2400 rpms with a 3:73( and 4 wheel drive too!)

·
Registered
363 Posts
16-17mpg highway, 15 city. 9mpg towing well over 10k and 2.5k in the truck bed @ 75mph. Someone else was filling my tank that trip. (hehe)

·
Registered
714 Posts
I average 17-18 mpg on summer blend in average driving.

·
Registered
435 Posts
With summer fuel I can get 21-22 MPG at 60 MPH with 4:11 gearing.

Yeah, yeah I know...impossible...but I get it and don't care how it happens...I'm not touching the thing until it breaks.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
US Gallons, 3.73 rear end, 265/75 Revos, summer fuel, ~2240 (CPS RPM not crappy alt pully). What more can I say?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Winter
City has been 11 to 12mpg

Highway, carring 7.5' Western plow and alum cap
55 - 60 MPH 16 MPG
65 - 75 MPH 13.5 MPG

Summer Highway, no cap
55 - 60 MPH 18.5 MPG
65 - 75 MPH 15 MPG

·