Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have "Bolt on" Garett Ball bearing turbo kits ready for the 06/07 LLY/LBZ's, Power levels for 550 RWHP to 700RWHP. Bolt this kit on in about 4-6 hours, Make more power, Lower egt's and still have quick spool up. The top end pull of these kits is unreal!!!!:eek:

Dan

·
Registered
357 Posts
[email protected];1578521; said:
We now have "Bolt on" Garett Ball bearing turbo kits ready for the 06/07 LLY/LBZ's, Power levels for 550 RWHP to 700RWHP. Bolt this kit on in about 4-6 hours, Make more power, Lower egt's and still have quick spool up. The top end pull of these kits is unreal!!!!:eek:

Dan
Ordering mine tomorrow!:)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Are these on your website? What do you do about a pedestal? Do they come as a complete kit or do you have to purchase extra items to run the turbo (i.e. lines/hoses, or tuning software to fool the ECM)?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JoshH;1578668; said:
Are these on your website? What do you do about a pedestal? Do they come as a complete kit or do you have to purchase extra items to run the turbo (i.e. lines/hoses, or tuning software to fool the ECM)?
We are updating the website to show the new kits. Our 40 series kit includes all the parts needed for install, approx. 4-6 hour install time. Let me know if you have anymore questions...

Dan

One more thing, this setup made the 630+RWHP at less then 35PSI....

·
Registered
891 Posts
This is not a variable vane turbo right? If not how do you get around the electronics, like convincing the computer that the VVT is still there, and over boost codes, etc. Will this work with a Xcellerator Hot+2? I don't know alot about turbos, so thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What more would you like to know?

coldLBZ;1579107; said:
This is not a variable vane turbo right? If not how do you get around the electronics, like convincing the computer that the VVT is still there, and over boost codes, etc. Will this work with a Xcellerator Hot+2? I don't know alot about turbos, so thanks for your patience.

The kit come with all the parts needed, Most of it is built into the software of the newest Hot+2's:D

This kit is based around the 40 series turbos.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hey Dan might be a stupid ? but will you have to add a blow off

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Think I need to fix the fueling issue first was holding rail good now throwing the p0087 now with just the level 6 on the hot +2 guess it could be the winter fuel or cold cold weather because it wasnt doing that the other day at 125mph now its doing it when it hits 100 or so, but its holding no less then 21500 rail pressure

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
LOL how did I know you would send that link sell my race car parts and build a killer LBZ haha

·
Registered
762 Posts
lol That should fix the fuel pressure problem :)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
dan: hope to be seeing my gt42 in a few days, any quick tips to make the install easy, might be installing more than one, lol

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This for 42 series kits only. The 5" air inlet tube (turbo to air box, we make these custom for each truck)is going to be the only problem and you will have to extend the intercooler tube on the drivers side. This information is only for the 42 series kit and NOT the 40 series.....

Dan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Okay, I'm curious. I've placed a hold deposit on my new 07 LBZ. This sounds rather interesting.

Do you have a price on these kits?

What else on these trucks has to be upgraded to handle the added power?

Can the stock bottom end handle it?

How much power can the Allison handle?

Is this tune adjustable for regular highway cruising when you're more interested in mileage, and then cranked up when you need or want the extra power?

What about the exhuast and intake?

Thanks.

Tom

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.