Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yes.

Get a "EDGE" sticker and apply it to the lower left corner of your rear window and then put a "BANKS" sticker in the lower right corner. Dont forget to add a "AFE" sticker to balance things out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That would be removing the muffler bearing. Ask Camstyn, I think he has a few of these mods.

On a seriuos note I have never heard of what you mentioned.

Matthew

·
Registered
687 Posts

Muffler bearings...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
2MuchFun said:
Yes.

Get a "EDGE" sticker and apply it to the lower left corner of your rear window and then put a "BANKS" sticker in the lower right corner. Dont forget to add a "AFE" sticker to balance things out.

You will need more then one Banks sticker
or cut the Juice one in half and discard the bigger half

Other wise, you will be spinning in circles all the time
Edited by: hdmax

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Nice picture of the muffler bearing.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Actually GM in their cost cutting methods uses Muffler Bushings instead of bearings. So if you change the bushings to bearings you will actually gain a bit of HP. Probably not 50hp but I am sure you will see 25-35hp. Less friction = more hp. And well all know bearings are better then bushings.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Man oh man.......

you guys are rough
First post from a new member and you guys are goin' to town on it, I don't want the newbie to think that we are the unfriendly sort

No I have not heard of any free mods that will provide anything near 50Hp....maybe a couple ponies by swiss cheesing the air box but thats it.

Tough room today

·
Registered
958 Posts
Swiss cheese the stock airbox, remove the intake resonator and plug hole on tube, replace the muffler with a straight pipe, everything else costs money.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I recall the old 12 valve cummins had free hp by the old slide the fuel plate forward.

No such luck with these more modern higher tech machines. Having said that, the cost for one hp increase is still relatively reasonable with 125hp boxes costing $600 or so. That’s only $4.8 per hp.
Edited by: Ray403Dmax

·
Registered
706 Posts
Burner said:
These guys are like playful ....ermmm....sharks.
Hang in there, they'll stop picking when their full.

Burner------------>

Thats some funny Sh*t

·
Registered
177 Posts
totalwireless,

Know that we have all took a shot at you, I haven't seen anything about a free 50hp. Stick around this is a very helpful site with good people. And WELCOME to the site.

nassdmax,

Nice pic. of the muffler bearing, I knew someone would find one.

Camstyn,

I knew you would show up with all the mods. you have done...Yellow Power Band, Roller Muffler Bearing, Hot-Sauce Flux Capacitor

Matthew

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
Mike L. said:
Above all, do not forget to remove winter air from tires and replace with summer air.
Welcome.

mike

Mike,

What transmission upgrades do you recommend for these mods?

Kevin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Use Slick-50 on the shphinkter bearing of the oscillating grummage wheel.
Easyily done.

Marc

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Once again..... heavy sigh

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
nassdmax said:

Muffler bearings...

This one should be moved to the DIY section.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts