Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone is using a G-tech Comp version in here, or how well they work on diesels? I have used one and it was showing 5.9sec 0-60mph and 14.4 1/4mile about 95mph.

The horse power and torque are showing 400hp and 700 ftlbs at 3100 rpms in "5th gear I am guessing". I am running the duramaximizer and TST Comp, and "predator for speedo calibration". I have the transgo and converter on H2 tires. These numbers seem pretty good for almost 35" tires "at about 28psi just normal driving condition", with out powerbraking or launching. Still having problems with TST bursting, seems to work best to start off on setting 6-9 and manually turn up power after 35-45mph, seemed to be the smoothest run I did. Only messed around with it for a few runs. Turned 14.4, 14.5, 14.6, 14.4 over all quite consistant.

Ext cab SB 4wd allison with H2 tires and unagoose hitch guessing wieght is aprox 7200lbs with driver and fuel.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
They work really well with diesels, but your weight needs to be correct. Go to a truck scale to get an accurate weight (this is critical). Use a half tank of fuel and you in it as info for the G-Tech. Super Diesel

·
Registered
704 Posts
Since we're on the topic of the G-Tec Pro.....I have the G-Tec (non-pro) and was thinking of upgrading. The one thing I really hate about the G-Tech is how you have to install it perfectly level left to right, and pointing EXACTLY straight forward. I remove and install it into the truck too many times to go through all this crap every time.

Have they fixed this in the Pro version?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No, they self level. You have to make a few quick starts to get it to zero. Super Diesel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts