Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive had my o4 for about a week, in love glad i gave up on the sic-0 powerstroke. well my only gripe is this....... im driveing to work this morning and at about 60 mph the thing starts to drone and howl from the front end. i back out under 60 and its gone.. push it back to 60 and its back.. panic mode sets in.. **** its broke... would it kill gm to put a 4wd light in the cluster??? click off the 4wd drive and went on my merry way.. geuss there is a little learning curve switching to gm from ford huh.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it would be great to have a larger light for 4wd. I have seen some cases were someone drove 200 miles on dry pavement in 4wd, kicked oil out of front diff. and smelt bad. He said "I didn't know!" A larger light would be better.:D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome,

If you run a search you'll find a thread where someone gave detailed instructions on how to wire up the light that already exists in the instrument panel (for the manual shift 4wd cases). Pretty straightforward, just requires pulling the instument panel and connecting a couple of wires.).

DEWFPO

·
Registered
318 Posts
DEWFPO;1597403; said:
Welcome,

If you run a search you'll find a thread where someone gave detailed instructions on how to wire up the light that already exists in the instrument panel (for the manual shift 4wd cases). Pretty straightforward, just requires pulling the instument panel and connecting a couple of wires.).

DEWFPO

heh, I didnt know that light was disconnected on a Auto 4wd, I kept wondering how people forgot their truck was in 4wd, you can feel it in the wheel, hear it, and see that big yellow light staring at ya... didnt realize we didnt all have that light lol.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
IIRC Max Power post the above thread

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I agree, a simple light on the dash would be nice.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts