Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....

I finally completed my setup this past weekend - which was an installation of the Edelbrock 192 (or 172?? :) ) lift pump and SoCal Diesel's billet pickup....

Been messing for a few months with scaled down versions of the McRat tune - going out on saturday nights to all the little 'hot spots' where kids and their fart tube ricers hang out with a buddy of mine just to torment them. I couldn't ever run the full version of the tune until now because of throwing codes - usually at least temporarily limping the truck with a P1093 or whatever... BUT NOT NOW!! :cool:

I was haunted last week. I had slayed a couple Fords and a pretty beefy dodge (with some injectors, intake, etc...) and another ford with a modified turbo setup and some computer work... But i finally met my match when tryin to get some ricers to race. A 2007 Chev crew cab, short bed, lifted slightly, running a Hot Juice, and water meth (stock trans they said)... he couldn't get me out of the hole, but from a roll pulled away pretty good on a 30 MPH to about 70 MPH roll (ahead of me 2 - 3 truck lengths). I was disappointed actually - figured my big *** dually would have more spunk for them. Had to race a few times - and was learning how to get the trans in the right gear for the rolling launches...

They had been out slaying Evo's and Subaru STI's most of the night already, but apparently i was too close to them - so they went home last weekend, put a 150 shot of NOS on it plus the water meth (thought you couldn't do that!) and were back this saturday. I was ready. Only did one launch which i slaughtered them on - the rest were rolling starts. This time we were starting around 15 - 20 MPH though, so it took me once or twice to get the tranny right (had to start from 2nd instead of 3rd... the downshift killed me against them). But, once i got it figured, they were done. The 502 HP McRat tune with some serious help from the Neens to get it adjusted and smoother for my elevation put em down... about 3 -5 truck lengths every race. They didn't want to stop racing. AND - they lied to me about the NOS until we met up with them later. So, at first I was happy to win, but figured my truck shoulda done more now... but after i found out... not only was i extactic that i beat that combo, but they were bent. Not that i like slayin Chevy's at all... they have an awesome truck (don't think it will live long) - it's very impressive... i'm just happy i got mine dialed in and all the help it needed with that lift pump!

Even the little farters wouldn't race after they heard.... so i have to find a new group of kids to pick on :) Thanks to everyone that's helped me do stuff i shouldn't be doing!! (Chris, Pat, Mike L, Kelly H, EFI, etc...)

-->Zach

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
:ro)

C-ya

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.