Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wil be buying a 2006 durmax diesel truck soon. I like the idea/ ease of use with a fumoto valve for oil pan drain. I am assuming that 4x4 trucks have a skid plate to protect the pan. I will be getting a 4x2 which I know will not have a skid plate. The question is will the fumoto valve be protected enough on the under carriage of a 4x2. I will not be doing off roading just everyday driving/towing.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I certainly wouldn't worry about (and definetely recommend getting a fumoto) It doesn't hang down low enough to create a problem. :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I certainly wouldn't worry about (and definetely recommend getting a fumoto) It doesn't hang down low enough to create a problem. :)
Or put another way, if you have a problem with hitting the valve, you have done enough damage that the valve won't be the only problem you have.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a Fumoto valve and have had no problems. 98-99% of my driving is on paved or graded roads.

I also keep a 3" stub of clear plastic hose on the nipple to help keep crud away from the nipple and to see if anything gets close to the valve. No problems in nearly two years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info concerning the fumoto valve. I did not think that it would be a problem but I thought that I would check with guys that a actually using them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts