Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size of tubing will slip over the nipple on a Fumoto?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
3/8" clear works fine for me!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Minn-Kota said:
Anyone know what size of tubing will slip over the nipple on a Fumoto?

Thanks

What the heck is a Fumoto.

·
Registered
85 Posts
NoWake200

Its a ball valve that takes the place of the oil drain plug. Get the one with the nipple for a hose and it make for the easiest or neatest oil changes. You can also add a spring clip to keep the lever in position. I threaded the nipple on mine and keep a bolt screwed in for a little insurance (not my orig. idea). Very nice esp. if you have the skid plate/oil trap.

I changed it out on mine at the first oil change. It does raise the drain level because it sticks in the pan a bit. I usually put mine up on ramps when I change anyway. I change the oil frequently more cheap insurance. IMO

MikeEdited by: HisDMAX

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks for the tubing size. I have one just waiting to go on as soon as it gets to freezing here

Right now it's 12 deg outside, supposed to warm up to 32 on Sunday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dave, you need to move!!! I think we might have been down to freezing once since december. L8R

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Cold weather wrenching is good ... can't feel the pain when you bloody those knuckles.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3/8" was the ticket. Few drops of oil on the floor is all I had.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I had no idea there was such a thing.
Thanks for the info, I will look at my setup.

·
Registered
747 Posts
tophog said:
Cold weather wrenching is good ... can't feel the pain when you bloody those knuckles.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
FILO said:
Dave, you need to move!!! I think we might have been down to freezing once since december. L8R

I know! I keep telling my wife that when I retire we're moving our bas of operations to your neck of the woods. As she does is whine about not wanting to live in Texas.

We need a road trip for some Barbique, Texas style

1 - 13 of 13 Posts