Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to buy a fully auto pistol or rifle. Any Ideas on where to start?

I really like the Glock G18, can the public buy it tho?

Just want something to go out and waste some shells.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Gotta start with that federal firearms dealer license. Of course then uncle sam will know right where to go to round it up. Once you get the license all it takes are $$$

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought id need a FFL...Can you buy one from a FFL dealer? Or does the owner of the gun have to have a FFL?

·
Registered
42,913 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
All Glocks are semi-auto. However, they can be modified to be full-auto.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
1.) You have to live in a state that allows full-auto weapons.
2.) You apply for a 200 dollar Federal tax stamp for full auto.
3.) You buy a registered auto-sear or registered dealers sample gun.
4.) You can NOT convert just any old weapon.

Then buy one of these......

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So its a PITA and alot harder than I though...

Thankful;1572587; said:
All Glocks are semi-auto. However, they can be modified to be full-auto.
How?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
SleeperTRK;1572664; said:
So its a PITA and alot harder than I though...

How?
I don't know how. I'm not allowed by law to do it.

But I've seen a video on the internet which showed a Glock that had been modified to full auto, with a 30 round magazine.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
You may be allowed to convert an adaptable weapon if you have purchased and registered an auto sear. In addition to registering the auto weapon or sear and paying the tax fee, you have also granted ATF the right to random inspection at any time with no prior notice to verify your possession and security of the weapon and/or sear you have registered.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well forget it...I firgured it would be somewhat easy.

Thanks guys for the help :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you want to buy a machine gun, you'll need a $200 tax stamp, pass all the background checks, get approval by your local sherriff and find one that was built prior to 1986.

Do you still want one now? :) A good way to get your fix is go to a machine gun shoot like Knob Creek and for $30 you can have a 30 second orgasim on a full auto machine gun.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Heaven forbid that a right protected by the Second Amendment be "somewhat easy" for a citizen to exercise. The hoops that our bureaucracy that we call "government" makes us law abiding citizens jump through is absolutely insane...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
budtx;1573379; said:
heaven forbid that a right protected by the second amendment be "somewhat easy" for a citizen to exercise. The hoops that our bureaucracy that we call "government" makes us law abiding citizens jump through is absolutely insane...
Amen!

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
You could always join any one of the 5 branches of the military, preferably the Army or the Marine Corps, and get paid to blow off rounds with weapons systems much larger than a Glock or the like.:D

Just thought I'd throw that out there....:D

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Forget all that paperwork stuff. Just swing down to your local drug dealer or illegal immigrant smuggler and ask to buy one. He can show you a mass array of fully automatic weapons in any caliber or gun manufacturer.;)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
local drug dealer..cant be to hard to find..Ill be back! :lol:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Idle_Chatter;1573108; said:
In addition to registering the auto weapon or sear and paying the tax fee, you have also granted ATF the right to random inspection at any time with no prior notice to verify your possession and security of the weapon and/or sear you have registered.
Yep, couple of guys I know keep theirs in a safe deposit box. That way, they have a receipt to help prove when they were available for use (just in case).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts