Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting a miss under load when near full throttle. When scanned at autozone i get a boost senser code. Don't know what number but it always says boost senser high check range or something like that. It's not like a plugged fuel filter miss but more like if you took your foot off the accelerator then floored it again. If I stay in it it does it again in about 3 seconds. Checked fuel pressure at idle good 9psi, changed fuel filter, tried to change map sensor but my plug is different. Also once in a while after driving 30 miles down the hwy when I get into town the truck is way down on power but only for 15 min. or so then the power comes back. No codes and it only seems to happen when it's warmer then 30 outside.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
veggidiesel;1598467; said:
i get a boost senser code. Don't know what number but it always says boost senser high check range or something like that. tried to change map sensor but my plug is different. .

Where did you try to get the replacement sensor, you have to ask for the BOOST sensor if you got it from GM, their parts catalog if you ask for a MAP sensor will get you a baro sensor which looks like a boost sensor but is keyed differently than the boost sensor. Happened to me when my boost sensor failed high telling the PCM I was making 35psi boost, and clipping fuel because of high boost

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the sensor from autozone. There computer called it a map sensor must have been the baro. How much does the dealer charge for a boost sensor?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
About $35 IIRC but that was a few years ago could be more or less now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts