Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any interest in anybody wanting a full replacement gauge pod for their truck and getting rid of the overlay type?

I just put an overlay in my truck and i'm not too happy with the way it looks in my $40k+ truck.

I'm looking into having these made for our trucks if there is enough interest. These will be a full replacement, color matched 2 or 3 gauge pods.

You guys can check out http://www.gaugepods.com/ for some of their other pods if you're interested.

EDIT: Prices will be in the $50 dollar range and a min. of 30 orders for this to happen.Edited by: BlackZ71

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Worrywart said:
BlackZ71, count me in for a three gauge pod
! How long will it take them?
Well we first need to get the 30 people in for it. And according to their web site:

Mold-making process - approx 4-5 weeks

Initial production run - approx 3-4 weeks

Finishing and shipping - approx 1 week after product availability.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
that would be nice to have....does it come color matched or black?

I am interested also if its color matched already

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will be color matched.

I'm sending off an email back to them to see how many people will be needed if we do both 2 and 3 gauge pods. And anything else we all need to know to get this going.

Also what interior colors are in all the trucks? charcoal, tan and light gray?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had one of their pillar pods for about two years now on my Nissan...We did a group buy on the Nissan Forum...They were/are available color matched and it was spot on!...I'm now waiting on my new Chevy Duramax and just got a Auto Meter pod...However I would be interested so add my name to the list...They even made them up with or without the tweeter provisions...See my pictures for details............Triffid

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=594075Edited by: Triffid

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd take one. Charcoal (graphite) two-gage, w/tweeter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys if we do both 2 and 3 gauge pods we're going to need 30 for each. I don't know if there is enough interest for both so i'm going to need everyone to list what they want and what color.

Ok now does anybody have an A-Pillar sitting around that we could send to them? Also inorder to color match all the colors they need a 4x4 square of all the colors.

So far:
<UL>
<LI>Worrywart: 3 gauge pod
<LI>dmaxalliTech:
<LI>Triffid:2 gauge med gray with tweeter
<LI>Ltrain:2 gauge
<LI>Kartattack:2 gauge graphite with tweeter
<LI>curtisb:2 graphite with tweeter
<LI>Fireman:3 gauge tan without tweeter
<LI>ShumDit:2 gauge tan with tweeter
<LI>Maddmax:2 gauge graphite no tweeter
<LI>Crew Cab Dude:2 gauge w/tweeter Dark Charcoal
<LI>flhrciblueice:2 gauge no tweeter graphite</LI>[/list]Edited by: BlackZ71

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would like a 2 guage with tweeter as well. Pretty sure I have graphite interior as well. I would be willing to go with a 3 guage pod if necessary.

Curtis

·
Registered
463 Posts
I want a three gauge pod...Tan, no tweeter

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Interested in a 2 ga w/tweeter neutral/tan for an 02. The tweeter may be just the thing for my cb ext spkr. Do we know if the part is the same for 01~04 both rados and gmc? Will this migrate to group buy forum?Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'll take one if available. Two-gage, w/tweeter in Dark Charcoal for 03.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's a tweeter?

·
Registered
463 Posts
spindrift said:
What's a tweeter?

The small speaker mounted in the A pillar...I think, but am not certain, that it is only on the 03's and up.

Kevin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, it is the small speaker mounted in the A pillar. Comes on 03 and newer with the Bose system.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts