Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had my full exhaust turbo back on my lbz for a few weeks and it really sounds good exept when you get over 2200rpm it makes a horrible and VERY LOUD hissing sound like a busted air hose. it has to be the new turbo doing this its not the egr because i unplugged it and the noise is still there. i just wanted to know if any other lbzs with turbo back systems are doing this my buddy with a catback system doesnt do it. its so bad i think im going to put the stock system back on

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine does it. I happen to like the sound though...

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive had my full exhaust turbo back on my lbz for a few weeks and it really sounds good exept when you get over 2200rpm it makes a horrible and VERY LOUD hissing sound like a busted air hose. it has to be the new turbo doing this its not the egr because i unplugged it and the noise is still there. i just wanted to know if any other lbzs with turbo back systems are doing this my buddy with a catback system doesnt do it. its so bad i think im going to put the stock system back on
I have an LBZ as well. Getting ready to change exhaust.When you removed the cat, did you kick a code? The exist exhaust is 3.5". I have been advised to remove exist muffler and repl with 3.5" Magna-Flow. The rest is a waste of money.Any thoughts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
ive been waiting for a light or code, but nothing yet. Ive driven about 3500mi of all types (racing, towing, highway, etc...).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no codes until i pulled my fifthwheel,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.