Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a-bear’s latest fuel test results with a CAT 1R0755 filter on his Mega filter mount have been added to the fuel test results tables.
Fuel Test Results – PDF
Fuel Test Results – Excel
Also see ISO Contamination Code Table for an explanation of the ISO codes.
The files have also been reformatted and lines added for Water and Cetane Index. Previously posted values for water (ppm) and cetane index have been included. It may be interesting to compare these values along with additive usage at the time samples were taken. If those who have performed fuel tests can post (or email me) water, cetane index and additive used for the respective sample I’ll add this info to the data tables.
Send data to diesel1 at usadatanet dot net

·
Registered
12,262 Posts

Thanks for putting that together ..... Excellent info .....

I had no idea The Racor R45S was also running at such a high efficiency ..... Post or pre OEM ??

Mac

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had no idea The Racor R45S was also running at such a high efficiency ..... Post or pre OEM ??

Greg Landuyt had the Racor mount Pre-OEM on a 6.5 diesel. He took a sample from the tank and again at the input to his OEM filter.

Per Racor the "S" media is 88% efficient at 2 micron and 98% efficient at 4 micron. It appears to be approaching those values in this case.

Bill, good update on the Fuel Analysis spreadsheet.

AlanEdited by: OC_DMAX

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OC_DMAX said:
Bill, good update on the Fuel Analysis spreadsheet...Alan
Thanks Alan!

And by the way for those who haven't seen this data before, Alan was the one who conceived the idea for creating a central location to summarize the all the various fuel filter test results and created the original spreadsheets. (I'm just the custodian).

If anyone would like to add their results including the addition the ppm water, cetane index and additive usage, please send it to diesel1 at usadatanet dot net.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thanks Allen An Bill

Geno

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fuel Test Data reposts have been updated to include Geno’s latest data as well as some water and cetane index values from earlier reports that Alan had in his archives (Thanks Alan!) Everyone please check their respective data for accuracy.
Fuel Test Results - PDF
Fuel Test Results - Excel
Also Geno, I searched for a description of your set up… did I get it right? Stanadyne FM100 Liftpump/prefilter, OEM and Post OEM Mega Filter?
If anyone else has fuel test data they would like included in the report please post or email me (see signature for address).

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bill

That is the correct system I am running. thanks for all the help.

Geno

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
geno said:
Bill

That is the correct system I am running. thanks for all the help.

Geno

Your welcome...My pleasure!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on Geno’s fuel test results:
I heard from Geno today and it turns out his sample was taken from the Mega Filter bleeder port. Since the mega bleeder is on the dirty side the filter, Geno’s test results are measuring the performance of his Stanadyne FM100 5 micron filter (with lift pump) and the OEM filter. His 15/14/11 ISO test results are pretty good considering they don’t include the contribution of the MegaFilter. The fuel coming OUT of his mega will surely have even lower (better) ISO results. This would also imply that an FM100 with a 2-micron element should meet the ISO targets as a PRE-OEM filter.
(The comment block in the fuel test results file has been updated to show Geno’s test conditions)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Now I know why they call this the dirty valve, Just cost me $70 I think Kennedy should help me pay for another fuel test cause he does not state this in his instructions
lust kiddin J/K

Dummie

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Old guys

What is the deal about getting old anyway. Seems like they (we) get dummer

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geno,

Don't feel bad.. Your test still yielded some interesting and valuable data that we didn't have ... You can be sure the fuel coming out of your Mega is very clean...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bill

Thanks again---- And Hootie Poo yes im only as old as I feel but that don't keep me from getting Duuuuuuuuuh

Geno

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris's (Chuntag95) Pump and OEM fuel test results have been added to the fuel test results tables (page down).
Fuel Test Results – PDF
Fuel Test Results – Excel
Also added are separate efficiency entries for "All Filters" and "OEM only" for those samples where pump, OEM and overall filter test data is available.
Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Geno, Why is your bleeder on the dirty side? (inlet side?) Later! Frank

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Bill, I couldn't figure out how to give you my data on the web page.

My water = 45 PPM

Cetane = 48.50

Later! Frank (Lone Eagle)Edited by: Frank Blum

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Some of the raw fuel tests are better then dual filtered by others.

It would be nice if you included what setup everyone has on the sheet along with results.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Jbplock,

I really appreciate you collecting data. It is pricelss information. When you list filter effeciancy could you also list target effeciancy? Meaning how close did we get to the ISO standards. List this for OEM as well. Really dirty pump fuel tends to make the OEM look really good and really clean pump fuel tends to make the OEM look really bad when only listing %effeciancy as compared to the pumpfuel. Just a suggestion and once again thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts