Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my TTS lift pumps an have been trying to get the fuel line quick disconnect off the fuel tank sending unit I cant seem to get a good angle on it can anyone offer some good suggestions or should I just dropp the tank. oh yeah so far everythink has gone good nice setup its just that line on the sending unit thats giving my problems

·
Registered
302 Posts
I dropped the tank. Was fairly easy to do with an almost empty tank.

You might not have to drop it all the way down. Losen the 2 straps and place a floor jack underneath it and lower it down so you can get you hand up there to make the disconnection.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You can either lower the rear end of the driveline.(I didnt, but it will make things easier). Or you can lower the tank. The tank is only held up by two bolts and a harness. It can can be lowered pretty much to the ground with out damaging anything. I put a jack under mine and slowy lowered it, just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is what I might have to do, just lower the tank enough to get my hands on it better. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
It's easier to lift the bed than drop the tank. I removed the bolts on the DS and just loosened them a couple of turns on the PS. Lift the bed up and put a 4x4 or something in between the bed and frame. There is a pic in my garage.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Really lift the whole bed is easier? WOW I must have takenthe hard road once again.

How did you lift the whole bed? I only have a floor jack.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes and could you explain how to raise the bed and hook up the line, reinstall the bed and install the pumps in the sleet and rain. I dont have any room in the shop right now and of course its my luck it would rain and sleet today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.