Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 part question.

1) How does the 06 (LLY) D/Max fuel system work. I believe it has a 7 pulse fuel delivery in the power stroke but I am not sure. How does this change with speed and "throttle" movement. I think the last pulse is for emmision control late in the power stroke.

2) Knowing 1 above, how do the various power programers work? The same 7 pulses(if that is the number) but longer duration or different pulses in a different part of the power stroke. I have also read that a higher rail pressure is not a good way of increasing power but there was no explanation why.

I have never owned a deisel or a tubo vehicle before and I just love the power delivery and relaxed towing it produces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
explanation

1) How does the 06 (LLY) D/Max fuel system work. I believe it has a 7 pulse fuel delivery in the power stroke but I am not sure. How does this change with speed and "throttle" movement. I think the last pulse is for emmision control late in the power stroke.
There are 3 injections (pulses) during one stroke. Depending on rail pressure, engine speed and injected fuel the timing will change.

The throttle position is responsible for the injected fuel amount.
:clap:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.