Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there was a recent thread on this, I looked but could not find a similar problem. In the last few months evertime I get out of my truck while running or after shut down I notice a fairly strong smell of fuel. I have checked everything (I think), it does not leave anything on the ground after being parked. The only residue I can find is around the rear of the valve cover on drivers side. However the residue does not smell like fuel. I do not notice it more or less after filter changes, so I do not think that has anything to do with it, I am very careful not to spill when doing it. The injectors were done at around 50k, now has about 58k on it.

-Matt-

·
Registered
226 Posts
Top engine just behind the injector pump. A pain to get to, but I bet that it is leaking.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you suppose if it turns out that it is leaking it would be covered under the 100k warranty? I'll dig around in there today more and see if it is.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it appears that it is coming from around there, I will have to pull the glow plug controller to make sure.
My question is where can I get a replacement at, besides the dealer?
How hard is it to replace (besides getting to it), any tricks or things I should know before I do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts