Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

We had a meeting today with GM Techs and managers from our local office for our new fleet.. I feel like i have a gun to my head now.. Quote from GM if we cut the line to add a filter kit.. Quote we have now made a Change in GM fuel system and We can VOLD or not fix your fuel system.. Per GM .. This was not from a dealer..

I had the same BS with ford on other things.. Whats going
on here.. We try to make things better and we get kicked
around.. I love the idea of adding a 2nd system..Eric can
GM play games like this..

Now what

Check out this link Guys

http://www.maesco.com/products/racor/r_fuel_recyc/r_fuel_recyc.html

Model 800-OF3 Fuel Recycling Systems

From steve
Edited by: smartfix

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello

Look down on the bottom of the page .. Thats the small one

From steve

·
Registered
817 Posts
Actually, if you look at the table, the dims are wrong. It says it is 46" tall by 20" wide x 24" deep. They copied the 800D-5REC by accident.
If you look at the fact they both use the same filter, you can estimate the height at 3' instead of 4' and the width at around 3' 6" with the depth will still be around a foot. Where you going to mount it?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
STEVE, You know, for the right amount of money, you could have a full time Tech in your garage

I think alot of your problems would go away then. GM seems to be getting alittle excited about all that....As far as playing games like that, I suppose if they had a bug up there butt, they could do anything. I cant imagine that they would want to piss off somebody that will potentially buy a huge quanity of trucks though....

Is it Hot in Florida year round?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello Eric

Thanks .. Our Temp now is 84 at 6:51 HOT.. Everyday is hot
The Duramax's do run cool in hot FL.. The only bug i might
have The AC does not cool fast when the temp is around 96
out.. Fan is on high and on REC

From steve

·
Registered
939 Posts
That's crazy!!! So will adding a second oil filter void your engine warranty?? Same <<lack of>> reasoning....right???

Bob

·
Registered
747 Posts
smartfix said:
Hello all

We had a meeting today with GM Techs and managers from our local office for our new fleet.. I feel like i have a gun to my head now.. Quote from GM if we cut the line to add a filter kit.. Quote we have now made a Change in GM fuel system and We can VOLD or not fix your fuel system.. Per GM .. This was not from a dealer..

I had the same BS with ford on other things.. Whats going
on here.. We try to make things better and we get kicked
around.. I love the idea of adding a 2nd system..Eric can
GM play games like this..

Now what

Check out this link Guys

http://www.maesco.com/products/racor/r_fuel_recyc/r_fuel_recyc.html

From steve

I don't think they can void your warranty for this unless they can prove that the extra filtration caused a problem per the Magnuson-Moss Act. I think you should call this act to their attention and take a picture of their faces when you do.
I went through this with Harley on using synthetic oil in one of my bikes. They just wanted to sell me the oil instead of me buying it somewhere else. Now that they sell synthetic oil, it is okay to use it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Amazing, but I think Mag - Moss will prevent such nonsense at the end of the day. Only problem is that GM has more money to fight about such things than most of us do

BobEdited by: Son of a gun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts