Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys running your diesels on the offroad(pink) diesel fuel??? Or all on road(green) fuel. I only ask becuase if the truck i end up getting is out of warranty, im gonna be more than likly running the offrd fuel in it, since we get it cheap at our farm. I never really figured theres any difference between the two, except for the dye, correct? Theres no power gain or loss between the two?
Thanks-Adam

·
Registered
161 Posts
As I understand it, you're correct. The only difference is the dye to know if your paying fuel taxes.

Steve

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, the two fuels are generally the same quality with the exception of the dye.
However, there are times that the offroad may have a slightly higher sulphur content, or a batch of on highway that did not meet suphur spec.
Also, and most importantly, there are some fine federal folks out there stopping pickup trucks, especially those that look like farm vehicles, and checking fuel.
They recently captured 12 such vehicles just south of Columbus, Ohio (actually halfway between Columbus and Lancater, Ohio: i.e. middle of supposed nowhere) recentlyl and the fines are significant enough to make using off highway fuel in a highway vehicle most expensive ($10,000 or so)
You may want to re consider...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts