Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a fuel pump that’s in my fuel tank instead of a mechanical pump that’s on my 6.2L block. I can just cover that fuel pump spot on my block right?

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Can I use a fuel pump that’s in my fuel tank instead of a mechanical pump that’s on my 6.2L block. I can just cover that fuel pump spot on my block right?
Do you have an aftermarket fuel pump? In the stock setup, there is no fuel pump within the tank.
The mechanical pump on the side of the block can be removed and a block plate installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but I have the setup I had with my 6.5L still in the truck and I’m switching to the 6.2L block so I was just going to use that setup.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
No but I have the setup I had with my 6.5L still in the truck and I’m switching to the 6.2L block so I was just going to use that setup.
The 6.5L has a lift pump attached to the inner frame rail located just under the driver's door. You can transfer that over to your build.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Ok well that’s what I will do then I don’t know why I thought it was in the tank. I’ve had to many 350’s I guess I just assumed. Thank You for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts