Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealership today and long story short I was told this part isn't stock. Linked picture. I believe it is a belt driven fuel pump but not sure? Can get more pictures if needed. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Redneck lift pump! I like it haha.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It’s a a second belt driven CP3 pump. The Dual Fueler pump and factory pump work in conjunction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So better or worse then a Fass lift pump?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
So better or worse then a Fass lift pump?
Kennedy diesel lift pump seems to be the choice on here.
Lift pump is not required with a duel fueler however for optimum flow to both CP3’s and to reduce fuel filter restriction it is recommended.
You do know the difference between fuel pump & lift pump functions?
What you have pictured is a second injection fuel pump. Looks like a homemade concoction not like the PPE’s Dual Fueler kit or ATS TWIN CP3
I suspect you don’t have stock injectors.
There thousands of threads like this that might help
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-power-performance-tuning/84-fuel-system-air-exhaust-emissions-upgrades/269883-dual-cp3-lift-pumps.html

·
LLY Guy
11,949 Posts
Based on the aftermarket parts shown in that photo, the dealership isn’t going to be able to help a ton. You’d be best at a diesel shop.
Do you have a problem your trying to solve?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had some white/blue smoke out the tail pipe... Out of town for the weekend, drove about 500k. Everything running fine, then stopped turned the truck back on and a hole lot of blue/white smoke. Took it to the GM dealer and the guy took a quick look. Rail pressure was good, one injector is looking bad. #7 read 5.2. the rest where around .2 - 1 he said I'd be fine to drive back home.

I did put some Diesel kleen in with the last tank, maybe to much. The guy at the dealership said that can make them smoke. Filled the tank up and seems to be a lot better. Have not driven much though.

He pointed the pump out, although I don't think that has anything to do with the smoke. Sorry for the long post haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts