Diesel Place banner

fuel primer

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  dmaxalliTech 
#1 ·
Heading out to the garage to tackle the fuel filter. how do i prime it. i work my truck every day and i need it to run when im done. got the idea down and know how to change it but dont have the slightest on how to prime. havent taken the fender liner out to look yet but would like to know where to look.

#2 ·
Easy one. On top of the filter head is a primer button, and just inboard of that is a bleeder screw, 13mm head with a slot for a screwdriver, black plastic, after you get filter installed, crack open the bleeder and prime away, may take 30 pumps to get fuel out of bleeder screw, once you get fuel, tighten and prime another 10 pumps or so until primer gets hard to push, then start, done

Eric

#5 ·
ok dont go anywhere i may be back. gonna head out and take a whack at it. how long should it take? it took 2 hours to change the oil and lube the chassis. 15 mins to work 1:45 for BS right?

#9 ·
done, and a test drive.
still smokes the tires so i musta done it right. I pulled teh pass battery and made it a breeze. no pulling the fender, nothing really hard at all. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.